This is our ultimate overnight trip and goes to the heart of the beautiful, pristine waters of the Kenai Fjords National Park. Paddle around Holgate Glacier, Aialik Glacier, and more.
- Each Additional Day
Kenai Fjords National Park’s best-kept secret
- Two days/one night – can add extra days.
- Minimum number of people: 2.
- Departs 6:30 a.m., returning approx. 10 p.m. in the evening.
- $850 for two days of paddling and one night camping.
- Add $200 for each additional night.
- Includes camping gear, water taxi, kayak, and guide.
- Meals are included in the price.
- Please be sure to inform us if you have allergies or need special attention with your diets at the time of your reservation.
- Group rates for parties of four or more.
- Six clients to one guide, we keep our group sizes for our guided kayak trips in Alaska small.
Please be sure to inform us:
- If you have medical or ethical dietary restrictions. We plan meals for the “average eater.” Feel free to bring your own snacks! We really try to accommodate everyone’s diet, but please understand we don’t have enough room to pack a buffet in a kayak. If you would like to buy your own groceries, a $20 refund will be subtracted from your Alaskan overnight kayak trip cost.
Return to geologic antiquity:
- With our Northwestern paddle. Cruising aboard our custom-built 24-passenger aluminum high-speed landing craft, we take a two and a half-hour ride through Kenai Fjords to Northwestern Lagoon. On the water taxi, we commonly see and stop to view sea otters, Dall’s porpoises, Steller sea lions, bald eagles, and humpback as well as orca whales. Puffins and seabirds are also in abundance as we pass through the Chiswell Islands, the most prolific roosting grounds in the region.
- Folds into five tidewater glaciers. Enjoy opportunities to view black bears, coastal birds, and a host of marine mammals.
This overnight Kenai Fjords kayak trip:
- Goes to one of the least visited fjords in Kenai Fjords National Park, rarely seeing more than two boats a day. Meals included.
The boat ride alone is adventure enough for some folks, which as a sightseeing tour alone is worth upwards of $200 dollars per person (if the kayaking trip isn’t your thing, we’re happy to book a tour for you).
The day continues as we cross the sunken terminal moraine and into Northwestern Lagoon, where the ocean depths shoot from over 400′ on the outside, to 24′ at the crossing, and then down to 600′ on the other side! Mountains scoured by recent glacial recession shoot out of the water in every direction, and the staggering landscape is immersed in ice and wildlife.
Here, you disembark for two full days (the pick up is at 7 p.m. the next day, or the day after that if you opt for a longer multi-night excursion). You and your group explore the park, moving from place to place as our camping system is designed to fit within the kayaks – we are not confined to a base camp!
Your guide provides meals, gear, camp management, and regional expertise. Trips travel at the pace of your group, whether you’d like to cover as much ground as possible or rest on a beach with your journal or camera trying to capture the feeling of awe when a piece of glacier the size of your home falls into the ocean in front of you, throwing up waves riddled with floating icebergs dotted with harbor seals.
The Tidewater Glaciers in Northwestern are more vertical than the tidewater glaciers in Aialik. While Aialik is expansive and gorgeous as well, the glaciers are massive and slowly lope up valleys. In Northwestern, the glaciers shoot straight up the cliff sides and to the Harding Icefield.
On your pick-up day, enjoy a full day of paddling and exploration on this one-of-a-kind overnight kayaking tour before your boat arrives to shuttle you home – our overnight trips are designed to be two full days.
It is a fact that our boats are arriving in Northwestern for the drop-off and the start of your kayaking adventure when the other companies are still leaving the harbor in Seward, although shorter trips are possible and can be arranged if needed if time is a consideration.
Group sizes for these overnight excursions always remain small unless you have a larger group and wish to remain together. Trip sizes max out at 14 persons per the National Park regulations, so groups larger than 12 need to be split up into separate camps to minimize the impact on the park.
All excursions practice leave no trace wilderness ethics, are capable of managing (almost) all diets, and are more flexible than any other excursion in Seward.
In fact, our operational capacity in Northwestern is more economically priced and logistically capable than any other outfit in our area.
Gratuities are not included in the original sale price, a suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated!
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.