Miller's Landing Campgrounds
Miller’s Landing is accessed via Lowell Point Road, a beautiful 2.5 mile dirt road bordered by the mountain and Resurrection Bay. It’s hard to drive down without spotting Stellar Sea Lion, Sea Otter, Eagles, and more! There are salmon of all species fished for and caught right off the roadway as well, and many areas to pull aside to take a photo along the way.
The dirt road does have it’s drawbacks – the City of Seward manages the maintenance for the road and the residents of Lowell Point, and after a heavy rain the road generally has potholes. It is narrow in some places and driving the road in a motor home can be slow, but many people do it every day in the summer. The City is generally quick about it’s maintenance, though sometimes it can be a day or so before it is graded – be aware!
We recently purchased the property North to us, which has a dry campground as well! Formerly the “Silver Derby” campground, we’ve named it Miller’s Landing North or the Annex. This campground is bordered by Spruce Creek on one side, and the ocean on the other! It has a 4 person outhouse and is approximately 2 blocks or a 5 minute walk from the camp store and facilities at Miller’s Landing down the beach.
This campground does not have running water or electricity, and again is a 5 minute walk to our laundry/shower house and plumbed bathrooms. It offers fantastic views and great fishing, and we look forward to improving it as the years go on! It is a great spot for tent camping and dry motor home camping, and we often rent out the whole area for weddings, family reunions, and events.
Select the Dates of Your Visit to View Available Campsites
Searching available activities for . . .
Showing Activities for -
- Oceanfront and Wooded Sites
- Hot Showers ($1 for 2 minutes)
- Laundry facilities
- Electric hookups (only in Main Campground, NOT Annex)
- Campground store open from 6 AM to 11 PM Daily
- Bait, tackle, ice, snacks, groceries and gifts
- Fishing licenses & Derby Tickets
- Free coffee every day!
- Fishing advice 5 cents: guaranteed effective or your nickel back
- Million dollar view of the ocean from our campground store
- Warm woodstove to sit by, drink coffee, meet people, relax, and enjoy the view
- Friendly, helpful staff to provide information on fishing and tours
- 4×4 tractor boat launching
- Campfire pits.
- Multi station fish cleaning area
- Weekly Fun filled activities at our lodge
- Wireless Internet Access free to use in the store facility
- Miller’s Landing does NOT at this time host a dump station for guests – the City of Seward does however at it a convenient location on Ballaine Boulevard
- Fishing Charters for Salmon, Rock fish, Halibut, and Ling Cod departing multiple times daily
- Sightseeing Charters
- Boat and motor rentals
- Sea Kayak rentals, Lessons, Guided Tours
- Water Taxi Services
- Remote Cabins on Resurrection Bay
- 5 State Marine Parks
- Kenai Fjords National Park and Wildlife Refuge
- State Park Cabin Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- National Park Cabin Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Sea Kayak Drop-Offs and Pick-Up
- Transport Services Sightseeing: ride the taxi on it’s rounds
- Reservations for oceanfront cabins, B&B’s & lodges
- Fishing Pole Rentals for Beach fishing or Boat fishing
- Beach fishing from campground for salmon
- Complimentary Tour Reservation Booking Services for:
- Scenic & Adventure Tours
- River Fishing
- Sea-Life Center Tours
- Exit Glacier Tours
- Excellent Birding Opportunities
- Excellent Photo Opportunities
- Miller’s Landing is a privately owned and operated campground, and firearms must be kept secure at all times. Any guests seen carrying firearms will be asked to secure them inside their vehicle. Guests may be asked to leave if they do not comply.
- Fireworks are not allowed at Miller’s Landing. Please respect our neighbors and other guests. Anyone using fireworks on the the property will be asked to leave.
- Miller’s Landing quiet hours are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Please be considerate of others.
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult.
- We love dogs! Well-behaved dogs are welcome, and must be leashed at all times.
- Help prevent pollution by keeping garbage, litter, and foreign substances off of the ground and out of the water.
- All garbage and litter must either be deposited in containers provided, or taken with you when you leave.
- Obey any restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Within the campground and other recreation areas, fires may only be built in fire rings, stoves, grills, or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- Be sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping fires under control.
- Drivers must obey all traffic signs and operate their vehicles in accordance with posted regulations, and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Smoking of any substance is not allowed in any Miller’s Landing cabins, nor in the restroom/shower building. A $200 excessive cleaning fee will be added for any evidence of smoking in cabins.
Where to find an RV
Renting an RV can be a great way to explore Alaska – whether you want to camp along the road or stay in a campground, an RV can offer a lot of freedom. The fall is typically the best time to book, and some great specials can be typically found in May, early June, or August/September! Try some of the great companies listed below: