Miller's Landing Campgrounds
Nestled along the picturesque Lowell Point Road, Miller’s Landing offers a breathtaking journey via 2.5 miles of natural beauty. This enchanting dirt road, framed by majestic mountains and the serene Resurrection Bay, provides an unforgettable drive. As you navigate this path, keep your eyes peeled for the abundant wildlife that calls this area home, including Steller Sea Lions, Sea Otters, Eagles, and more. The rich waters beside the road are a haven for salmon fishing, offering anglers a chance to reel in various species right off the shoreline. Along the way, numerous spots invite you to pause and capture the scenery with a photograph.
However, the charm of this rustic road comes with its challenges. Maintained by the City of Seward, it can present navigational difficulties, especially after heavy rains when potholes appear. Some sections narrow, making the journey in larger vehicles like motorhomes a slower paced affair. Despite these hurdles, the city’s maintenance efforts are prompt, ensuring the road’s accessibility, although there may be brief delays for grading.
Expanding our haven, we’ve recently acquired the property to our north, previously known as the “Silver Derby” campground, now reborn as Miller’s Landing North or the Annex. This new extension boasts a prime location, cradled between Spruce Creek and the ocean’s edge. It features basic amenities, including a 4-person outhouse, and although it lacks running water, guests are only a short 5-minute stroll along the beach from the comprehensive facilities at Miller’s Landing, including showers, laundry, and plumbed bathrooms.
With the addition of electricity (30amp hookups), the Annex offers both tent and motorhome campers spectacular views, excellent fishing opportunities, and the promise of ongoing improvements. It has quickly become a favored site for hosting weddings, family reunions, and various events, providing a unique blend of natural beauty and convenience. Join us at Miller’s Landing, where adventure and tranquility meet.
Select the Dates of Your Visit to View Available Campsites
Searching available activities for . . .
- Oceanfront and Wooded Sites
- Hot Showers ($1 for 2 minutes)
- Laundry facilities
- 30Amp Electric hookups (only in Main Campground/Annex RV sites)
- Campground Cafe and store open from 6 AM to 10 PM Daily
- Ice, snacks, groceries and gifts
- Free coffee every day!
- Million dollar view of the ocean from our campground store
- Warm woodstove to sit by, drink coffee, meet people, relax, and enjoy the view
- Friendly, helpful staff to provide information on fishing and tours
- Campfire pits.
- Multi station fish cleaning area
- Wireless Internet Access free to use in the store facility
- Miller’s Landing does NOT host a dump station for guests – the City of Seward does at a convenient location on Ballaine Boulevard
- Fishing Charters for Salmon, Rock fish, Halibut, and Ling Cod departing multiple times daily
- Sightseeing Charters
- Boat rentals
- Sea Kayak Guided Tours
- Water Taxi Services
- Remote Cabins on Resurrection Bay
- 5 State Marine Parks
- Kenai Fjords National Park and Wildlife Refuge
- State Park Cabin Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- National Park Cabin Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Sea Kayak Drop-Offs and Pick-Up
- Transport Services Sightseeing: ride the taxi on it’s rounds
- Reservations for oceanfront cabins, B&B’s & lodges
- Beach fishing from campground for salmon
- Excellent Birding Opportunities
- Excellent Photo Opportunities
- Miller’s Landing is a privately owned and operated campground, and firearms must be kept secure at all times. Any guests seen carrying firearms will be asked to secure them inside their vehicle. Guests may be asked to leave if they do not comply.
- Fireworks are not allowed at Miller’s Landing. Please respect our neighbors and other guests. Anyone using fireworks on the the property will be asked to leave.
- Miller’s Landing quiet hours are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Please be considerate of others.
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult.
- We love dogs! Well-behaved dogs are welcome, and must be leashed at all times.
- Help prevent pollution by keeping garbage, litter, and foreign substances off of the ground and out of the water.
- All garbage and litter must either be deposited in containers provided, or taken with you when you leave.
- Obey any restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Within the campground and other recreation areas, fires may only be built in fire rings, stoves, grills, or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- Be sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping fires under control.
- Drivers must obey all traffic signs and operate their vehicles in accordance with posted regulations, and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Smoking of any substance is not allowed in any Miller’s Landing cabins, nor in the restroom/shower building. A $200 excessive cleaning fee will be added for any evidence of smoking in cabins.
Where to find an RV
Renting an RV can be a great way to explore Alaska – whether you want to camp along the road or stay in a campground, an RV can offer a lot of freedom. The fall is typically the best time to book, and some great specials can be typically found in May, early June, or August/September! Try some of the great companies listed below: