Kayak the coastline of five rugged glaciers on this overnight trip to Kenai Fjords National Park. Northwestern Lagoon is one of the park’s best-kept secrets!
- Each Additional Day
Kayak to the heart of Kenai Fjords National Park
- Two days/one night – can add extra days.
- Includes camping gear, water taxi, kayak, and guide.
- Meals are included in the price.
- Six clients per guide to keep group sizes small and everyone accounted for.
This is our ultimate overnight Kenai Fjords kayak trip:
- Goes to the heart of the beautiful pristine waters of the Kenai Fjords National Park. We hop aboard one of our custom-built landing crafts and take a two-hour ride through the Fjords to Holgate Arm. On the taxi, we usually see sea otters, porpoises, sea lions, eagles, and often whales as well as puffins and an abundance of sea birds.
- Around the Holgate Glacier, Aialik Glacier, and Pederson Bay area where we see the magnificent calving glaciers, icebergs, seals, and more wildlife. Be amazed at the breathtaking beauty of this area, there is nothing like it and this is world-class kayaking at its best.
Our kayak guides:
- Prepare meals for you and customize your trip exploring all the various nooks and crannies of beautiful Aialik Bay. There is a lot of area to explore and we recommend a three-day stay if at all possible. Spend the day with your guide, paddling, hiking, and exploring in Kenai Fjords National Park!
Relax in the evening:
- Around a comfortable campfire, taking in the breathtaking beauty of the fjords and the wildlife all around you! This is where we set up our camp and fall asleep to the sound of gentle waves lapping the shore and the unique sounds of the glaciers calving. This peaceful Kenai Fjords overnight trip is a great way to reconnect with nature!
- On the “Michael A” we enjoy sightseeing on the water taxi in the heart of the Kenai Fjords National Park watching for seals, bird rookeries, sea lions, whales, and more. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Please be sure to inform us if you have medical or ethical dietary restrictions. We plan meals for the “average eater.” Feel free to bring your own snacks! We really try to accommodate everyone’s diet, but please understand we don’t have enough room to pack a buffet in a kayak. If you would like to buy your own groceries, a $20 refund will be subtracted from your trip cost.
Suggested tip for your Aialik Bay kayak and camp trip: $59 – $89/person.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.