A favorite choice for larger groups. This sells out fast due to area location, the huge size of the cabin, and three baths!
National Park Cabins
- Per Night
Kenai Fjords National Park offers two great public use cabins along the coast with easy access to the park!
Kenai Fjords National Park Cabins
2 Kenai Fjords National Park Cabins – stays are limited to three nights per group for the season.
Coastal cabins are equipped with heating stove (propane fuel is provided), pit toilets, table and chairs, and wooden bunks. The Aialik Bay Cabin sleeps up to four people and Holgate sleeps six. Cabins do not have electricity or running water. Fresh water is available nearby but must be treated. There are no mooring buoys at any of the Public Use Cabin beaches in Kenai Fjords.
Season – May 22nd thru September 20th
Holgate Arm Cabin
Description: Rustic Cabin, approximately 16′ X 20′
Facilities: Sleeps up to 6 people. Includes six wooden bunks, a work counter, table with chairs, diesel oil stove (fuel is provided), fire extinguisher, informational bulletin board, and smoke detector. Has a pit toilet. Fresh water is available nearby but it must be treated.
Location: Located on the northeasterly shore of Holgate Arm in Aialik Bay (a 4 hour boat trip or 35 minute flight from Seward). Refer to USGS map, Blying Sound D-8.
Terrain/Vegetation: Open spruce forest, boggy ground, abundant blueberries in late August. Cabin elevation is just above sea level.
Aialik Bay Cabin
Description: Rustic Cabin, approximately 16′ X 20′
Facilities: Sleeps up to 4 people. Includes two standard twin-size wooden bunks, a work counter, table with 4 chairs, couch, diesel oil stove (fuel is provided), fire extinguisher, informational bulletin board, and smoke detector. Pit toilet with boardwalk handicap access. Fresh water is available nearby but must be treated.
Location: Cabin is located on Port Graham Corporation land on a five acre site easement on the upper end of Aialik Bay (a 4.5 hour boat ride or 30 minute flight from Seward). Refer to USGS map, Blying Sound D-8.
Terrain/Vegetation: Flat terrain, young spruce forest, alder thickets, long cobble beach. Cabin elevation is just above sea level.
Miller’s Landing provides chartered water taxi transport to the Kenai Fjords National Park including the Aialik Bay area, the Holgate Arm National Park Cabin, the Aialik National Park Cabin, and the Northwestern Arm area of the Kenai Fjords National Park. The water taxi is done with our brand new custom built 32 foot landing craft (taking 14 passengers plus crew). The drop down bow makes it ideal for loading and unloading passengers, gear, and kayaks easily. The cruise to the Kenai Fjords National Park is the highlight of the Seward area. On the trip there, you will often see sea lions, puffins, eagles, whales, mountain goats, and bears. Both of these cabins are situated near remarkable calving glaciers and berry patches, while the waters surrounding them have salmon (in season) and abundant marine wildlife. Miller’s Landing also has kayak rentals and offers guided kayaking trips (and kayak lessons too) for those wishing to experience this pristine wilderness area, rich with sea life, whales, and birds.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.