See the BEST Alaska has to offer all in one day! This trip has everything your family or group needs – Kayak by glaciers on a tour to the Kenai Fjords National Park, fish for…
- Party Size (3 or fewer people)
- Party Size (4 or more people)
Ultimate Day of Kayaking in Kenai Fjords National Park
Sightsee from our fast-landing passenger vessels while traveling to the pristine Aialik Bay for a full day of paddling in the ice!
Full-day trip departing at 6am and returning between 6pm and 9pm.
Spot whales, puffins, sea lions, porpoises, and more both on and off the water! Aialik and Holgate glaciers are the largest tidewater glaciers in the Kenai Fjords National Park. Ice the size of city blocks can calve from the face of these magnificent natural formations. Our kayaking trips are fully guided and outfitted and require no prior experience. The length of our day trip is greater than any other outfitter in our area, allowing for access to Pedersen Lagoon’s tidal-dependent entry if the tides are right! Explore the hidden treasures of the Kenai Fjords, and really experience the National Park!
Kenai Fjords full-day kayak tour summary:
- Arrive and be greeted by the raw unparalleled beauty of Alaska’s Kenai Fjords National Park: Aialik Glacier, Holgate Glacier, and Pedersen Lagoon await your access by kayak.
- Our excursion is the only kayak tour in Seward long enough to typically access both Aialik or Holgate AND Pedersen Lagoon (tidal-dependent entry) on a single trip. Pedersen can only be entered 1 hour prior to high tide.
- Paddle among icebergs and marine life, like harbor seals.
- See the largest tidewater glaciers in the Kenai Fjords National Park system explode and calve from the safety of kayaks or nearby viewing beaches.
- Small group sizes guaranteed — six clients per guide maximum!
- Watch bears lumber along beaches rife with berries.
- Includes round-trip water taxi cruise to the Kenai Fjords National Park on our custom-built water taxi boat, all gear, food, and guide!
- Check out a map of the points of interest.
Your day begins with an early morning departure at 6 a.m. on our comfortable, US Coast Guard inspected water taxi for a two-hour wildlife tour and transport to the Kenai Fjords National Park. We see Steller sea lions hauled out on their exposed ocean rookeries, watch horned and tufted puffins skip across the wavelets, and view passing Dall’s porpoises dance with the bow wake of our boat. We often view feeding humpback whales and orcas passing by, diving cormorants, bald eagles, mountain goats, sea otters, and more!
We land ~ 8-8:30 a.m. in the heart of the Kenai Fjords National Park on one of many beautiful pristine beaches. Your guide talks you through your kayak and gear, provides paddling advice, and raises situational awareness. No experience is necessary — our guides are there for you! Once you’re properly acquainted, you begin paddling along the beautiful fjords and coastal rainforest of Aialik Bay. Enormous calving glaciers are viewed up-close and personal from the perspective of a paddler at true sea level but within a safe viewing distance from both land and sea. You paddle at a leisurely pace around magnificent icebergs, watch curious harbor seals on ice floes, and often enjoy black bear viewing from the safety of the water. Don’t worry! You aren’t going kayaking nonstop — we break along the way for a hearty lunch, snacks, and small hikes along the beach.
The water taxi boat picks you up in the late afternoon, by 7 p.m.*, and the crew loads your kayaks and gear. The return trip explores the Kenai Fjords all the way back to Seward, keeping an eye out for the many whales migrating and feeding through our area. You land at Miller’s Landing by 9 p.m. or earlier, depending on how exciting our sightseeing options are on the way home.
*Earlier departures are possible from Aialik Bay pending group size — if desired, just ask!
- Longest and most economic day trip to the National Park offered in Seward! Folks, this is the greatest kayak trip!
- Departs at 6 a.m., returning by 9 p.m. (custom times possible for larger groups – travel insurance highly recommended for all expedition trips in Alaska, as a wilderness excursion times may vary)
- About four and a half hours of personalized sightseeing on our fast, custom-built landing craft transport vessel!
- Leave directly from Lowell Point.
- Free parking at the Miller’s Landing storefront
- Includes lunch, hot and cold drinks, snacks, transportation, gear, guides, and instruction
- We’re a dealer for Necky Kayaks – enjoy your trip in the stylish and stable Necky Looksha T Tandem kayak!
- Meals are included in the price*
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! Just be ready for an active day!
- Over 8 Hours of paddling time with stops to rest and enjoy a snack, a stroll, photos, lunch, and more!
*Special diets: Please be sure to inform us if you have allergies or need special attention with your diet at the time of your reservation
AVOID COTTON. We suggest the following clothing and other items so that you can be safe and comfortable in order to thoroughly enjoy your Seward sea kayaking adventure with us.
Please feel free to call or email at any time and we will be happy to put you in touch with a guide or knowledgeable crew member to answer any questions!
- Sneakers are acceptable, but rain boots or crocs are best.
- Dress in two or three under-layers with a waterproof top layer
- Hat for sun cover
- Wind shell
- Fleece top or equivalent (wool sweater)
- Rain gear (hat, jacket, and pants)
- Paddling jacket or windbreaker
- Quick-drying shorts
- T-shirt (synthetic material)
- Bathing suit
- Hat for warmth (fleece or wool)
- Fleece pants
- Polypro long underwear (top and bottom)
- Lightweight polypro/fleece gloves
- Water bottle (full!)
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Sunglasses with strap
- Favorite high-energy snack
Required prescription medications and their uses must be noted on the enclosed Registration, Release, and Assumption of Risk Form. Bring double the amount needed with directions/doses written on an unbreakable, waterproof container.
You will not need much, if any, money during your trip. Tipping guides is customary. Leave excess cash and valuables at home.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.