Don’t have the time or the energy for the full day hike and paddle to Caines Head? Paddle out and we pick you up in the water taxi!
Fourth of July Midnight Paddle
Celebrate the Fourth of July in Seward, Alaska!
Float in the serene water of Ressurection Bay as you watch the town of Seward launch fireworks from their harbour over the water. Admire the beautiful mountains in the background, different reflections of color in the water, and enjoy the company of other friendly paddlers while you experience one of the most unique firework viewing experiences.
Join us on one of the longest nights of the year as we paddle into town on July 3 at 10 p.m. and form a flotilla of kayaks to watch the midnight fireworks in one of the best seats in town. No street traffic or tight crowds on this trip! We return to Miller’s Landing between 1 and 2 am. On the Fourth of July. This celebratory Seward kayak tour is four hours in length and is a once-in-a-lifetime excursion.
Check in at the office for a parking pass and sign necessary forms before the trip.
we begin at 10pm
|1 – 2 pm
Expect to arrive at millers landing between 12:30 and 1 am. This varies on the speed of the group and the show
|Meet at the main office, 13880 Beach Drive Seward, AK.|
What to Bring
|We require a minimum age of 6 years old to take this trip||This is an easy paddle, while you do travel roughly 6 miles, the water will be calm and there will be multiple guides on the trip||Warm synthetic/wool layers
Shoes that could get wet
- This trip is best for ages 6 and up!
- While you might not see much wildlife on this paddle, you will find pleasure in the cheerful crowds gathered on the beach, sparklers being set off in the campgrounds nearby, lit up fishing boats floating in the backdrop, and other paddlers looking to get a good view of the fireworks.
- No experience needed, all gear and instruction provided
- Please Note: All clients paddle tandem kayaks. This paddle is appropriate for children ages 6 and over. The paddle is approximately three and a half to four hours in length. No experience is necessary.
- Please remember that kayaking is a physical activity! We ask that you can paddle up to 5 miles and do not drink excessively beforehand, despite it being a holiday. This is for your safety and comfort.
Our Guides come from all different backgrounds; from being ski instructors, snowmobile guides, wranglers, or passionate outdoor enthusiasts. Everyone comes from a customer service-rich background with a passion for interpretation, protecting the outdoors and safety. Our team is trained for two weeks to refine their skills together and learn all they need to know to safely guide our clients. We instruct and certify our guides as ACA II kayakers, practice cold water rescue techniques, and require that all guides have an up-to-date Wilderness First Responder Certification. Learn more about our training process by reading our blog from the 2022 training session!
Check it out here: Kayak Guide Training Summer 2022 | Miller’s Landing (millerslandingak.com)
Spend a summer outdoors and in the Stunning Kenai Fjords National Park and Resurrection Bay, teaching, guiding, and enjoying all the amazing experiences Alaska have to offer. Miller’s Landing is a family-run business that started operations shortly after Kenai Fjords National Park was established in 1980 and the tourism industry began to form in Seward. We work hard to provide every guest with a memorable experience, with a focus on safety, education, stewardship, and fostering a supportive and inclusive work environment.
We begin our hiring process in the winter, between December and January, and suggest you apply in December. Our training begins May 1st and the season runs until September 15th. We ask that guides are able to attend training and can stay until at least mid-August.
Learn more about our requirements and the hiring process here: Kayak Instructor / Guide | Miller’s Landing in Seward Alaska (millerslandingak.com)
About Our Guides
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.