See the BEST Alaska has to offer all in one day! This trip has everything your family or group needs – Kayak by glaciers on a tour to the Kenai Fjords National Park, fish for…
- Party Size (3 or fewer people)
- Party Size (4 or more people)
- Private Group (up to 6)
Kayak Aialik Bay or Northwestern Fjord
- Let us take you to either Aialik Bay or Northwestern Fjord (captain’s choice!) for a day of adventure!
- Departure time’s at 6 a.m.; return times vary between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. daily.
- Explore the parks from the comfort of your sea kayak. Each day’s trip visits either Northwestern or Aialik Bay as the captain chooses the best location for the day’s activities based on weather and schedule!
- Each fully guided Kenai Fjords sea kayak trip includes no more than six people, with no more than 16 on the boat at a given time.
- Spot whales, puffins, sea lions, porpoises, harbor seals, and more!
- Enjoy the unparalleled view of the beautiful glaciers.
- No experience necessary — all trips guided from double sea kayaks
- Fully catered with meals, drinks, and equipment
Miller’s Landing has owned and operated its own custom-built, private water taxi boats for over 35 years, and our captains have over 100 years of combined experience picking people up and dropping them off in this local area we call home. This trip is best matched to the traveler not on a tight schedule, as the return time can vary day-to-day!
Our boats have always traveled to and from the fjords with our own itinerary and needs in mind. This full-day discounted trip puts the power on the captain to take you to the best spot for a day of guided kayaking. Whether you travel through the Chiswells and round Aligo Point on your way to Northwestern Lagoon or wake Three Hole Point to land under the waterfalls and colorful cliffs of Abra Cove, each day will bring something unique for you and your party!
All prices include round-trip cruise from Seward to the Kenai Fjords National Park on our water taxi, kayak and gear, meals, and guide!
No experience is necessary.
Your day begins with an early morning departure at 6 a.m. on our comfortable water taxi for a two to two and a half-hour wildlife tour and transport to the Kenai Fjords National Park. We see Steller sea lions hauled out on their exposed ocean rookeries, watch horned and tufted puffins skip across the wavelets, and view passing Dall’s porpoises dance with the bow wake of our water taxi. We often view feeding humpback whales and orcas passing by, diving cormorants, bald eagles, mountain goats, sea otters, and more! 7 a.m. departures possible, please inquire.
We land ~ 8 – 9:30 a.m. in the heart of the Kenai Fjords National Park on one of many beautiful pristine beaches. Your guide talks you through your kayak and gear on the way, providing paddling advice and raising situational awareness, which should allow for a quick start once unloaded.
Then it’s time to start paddling along the beautiful fjords and coastal rainforest of Aialik Bay, or the chattermarked (or glacier-scarred) cliffs of Northwestern Fjord. Enormous calving glaciers are viewed up-close and personal from the perspective of a paddler at true sea level but within a safe viewing distance. Paddle at a leisurely pace around magnificent icebergs, watch curious harbor seals on ice floes, and often enjoy black bear viewing from the safety of the water. Don’t worry! There are generally plenty of places to stop if needed, and we break along the way for a hearty lunch, snacks, and small hikes on the beach.
The water taxi boat picks you up in the late afternoon, 4 – 6:30 p.m., depending on the day, and the crew loads your kayaks and gear. The return trip explores the Kenai Fjords all the way back to Seward, keeping an eye out for the many whales migrating and feeding through our area. We aim to be at Miller’s Landing by 6 – 8:30 p.m., depending on how exciting our sightseeing options are on the way home.
What should you bring?
AVOID COTTON. We suggest the following clothing and other items so that you can be safe and comfortable and thoroughly enjoy your sea kayak adventure with us.
Please feel welcome to call or email at any time, and we’re happy to put you in touch with a guide or knowledgeable crew member to answer any questions!
- Waterproof footwear
- Two or three under-layers and an over-layer
- Wind shell
- Fleece top or equivalent (wool sweater)
- Rain gear (hat, jacket, pants)
- Paddling jacket or windbreaker
- T-shirt (synthetic material)
- Hat for warmth (fleece or wool)
- Fleece pants
- Polypro long underwear (top and bottom)
- Water bottle (full!)
- Warm socks
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Sunglasses with strap
- Favorite high energy snack
Required prescription medications and their uses must be noted on the enclosed Registration, Release, and Assumption of Risk Form. Bring double the amount needed with directions/doses written on an unbreakable, waterproof container.
You will not need much, if any, money during your trip. Tipping guides is customary. Leave excess cash and valuables at home.
Please know ahead of time that travel insurance is highly recommended for anyone trying to make tight connections while traveling in Alaska! The schedule is designed and adhered to allow a 5 p.m. return to Lowell Point in Seward, Alaska. However, the boat is not on rails, and delays are possible due to weather, wildlife, and mechanical situations. As such, a delay on arrival will not be subject to a refund, and Miller’s Landing and its partners will not be held liable for any additional expense incurred from a delayed arrival. Travel Insurance is a great investment and covers all aspects of your trip — from flight delays to weather cancellations — and we would be happy to recommend a great provider!
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.