Our full-day silver salmon charters depart at 6 a.m. and are offered mid-August through early September.
Silver Salmon & Black Bass Fishing Charter
- Per Person
- Book the Boat: Up to 6 passengers Exclusive use of the boat
Seward, Alaska Silver Salmon & Black Bass Fishing Charters
Our flexible Seward half-day rockfish and silver salmon charters depart three times daily at 7 a.m., 12 p.m., and 5 p.m. and are offered all season. Boat running time can be 15 minutes to an hour to our fishing grounds, depending on where the best fishing is. These Alaska fishing trips are best for those wanting to get the fishing in on a limited timeframe, and they are usually action-packed start to finish!
Join us in the morning or evening for four hours on the Avery H for some exciting salmon (in season, July – Sept.), black bass (May to Sept.), ling cod (after July 1 and 35 in in length), and rockfish fishing! When fishing for black bass, it is often common to catch a yellow eye rockfish (commonly known as red snapper) as well, and the limit is one per person per day. The limits are four rockfish (one can be a red snapper and three black bass or a total of four black bass) and one ling cod.
It is not uncommon to catch a king salmon when fishing for silvers! We usually fish for silvers starting late June (through September), and they put up a great fight, making the average 8 – 20 lb salmon fun to catch. The limit is six per person when caught inside the bay and three per person outside the bay.
We focus on harvesting the full daily limit for silver salmon and rockfish on these trips, and often enjoy great success in the short time spent! Fileting of your fish and a private hanging station back at the landing for photos are included in your adventure. Enjoy world-class silver salmon and rockfish fishing using purpose-built, custom made-in-the-USA fishing rods from Thrasher Rods and all hand-tied gear in house. Free parking and fishing licenses available for sale on-site. We leave right from our store facility just south of Seward!
There is a wonderful advantage to fishing in the late afternoon because there is not as much competition and the water is generally calmer. Same thing with the 6 a.m. charters as we get a good head start over the other charters and get to the fishing grounds first.
On the half-day Seward fishing charters, the running time is approximately 35 to 40 minutes each way. The boat goes out to either Cape Resurrection or Cape Aialik (captain’s choice) to the prime fishing areas but does not go out as far as the full day. Often times we see whales, sea lions, eagles, sea otters, and other exciting wildlife on these family-friendly fishing charters.
Remember, in Alaska, it doesn’t get dark until after midnight in June!
Halibut may be caught but are NOT retained on these charters! If you want to keep a halibut, please see our full-day charter.
Please Note: 5pm charter not offered after 08/20 due to diminishing daylight.
Buy your fishing and hunting license online at https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/store/ – these can be printed out ahead of time, but must be on your person whenever you fish!
Runs from June 1st – 30th. Miller’s Landing will be selling tickets for the Halibut Derby from their campground store.
The Seward Silver Salmon Derby runs the second Saturday of August every year and is not only Alaska’s oldest fishing derby, but it’s also the highest-dollar cash prize fishing derby in Alaska. You can buy tickets right at the store, and it’s a blast!
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.