A two-bedroom cottage across the street from the beach. Beautiful mountain views are visible from upper windows.
- Per Day
Cabins rentable through the State Parks department each with access to the large hiking trail system and more!
State Park Cabins
You must rent these cabins yourself, they go fast so book EARLY!
Derby Cove Cabin (14′ X 18′) Caine’s Head
Sleeps 8 (maximum 8) with a maximum stay of 7 consecutive nights. This cabin sits within spruce and hemlock forest behind a gravel beach. At the head of the Caines Head trail system, Derby Cove is a quarter mile from the ranger station. Use the creek that runs in front of the cabin as a water source.
Callisto Canyon Cabin (14′ X 18′) Caine’s Head
Sleeps 8 (maximum 8) with a maximum stay of 7 consecutive nights. For a water source, there is a small stream located on the hillside directly southwest of the cabin. A second water source that is dependable year ’round is approximately 400 yds. down the beach where a moderate waterfall empties onto the beach, but access to it must be timed with the low tide.
Spruce Glacier Cabin (16′ X 16′) Thumb Cove
Sleeps 8 (maximum 8) with a maximum stay of 7 consecutive nights. From the water, this cabin is located on the left-hand, or east, side of the beach. A wheelchair accessible boardwalk leads from the beach berm to the cabin, approximately 300′ back from the steep, cobbled beach. Wheelchair- assisted access will be necessary from the beach landing to the boardwalk. The closest fresh water source is not accessible to all users, so bring enough fresh water for your stay if you are unable to access the stream. The small stream is located on the hillside and is directly east of the cabin. The stream empties onto the beach by a very large boulder past the eastern-most barge wreck. To reach it you must walk out near the shore.
Porcupine Glacier Cabin (16′ X 16′) Thumb Cove
Sleeps 8 (maximum 8) with a maximum stay of 7 consecutive nights. From the water, this cabin is on the right-hand, or west, side of the beach. The closest fresh water source is a small stream located on the hillside facing the bay. To reach it, you must walk out onto the shore, so plan filling any water containers at anytime except at the highest tide.
Miller’s Landing provides water taxi services to all four State Marine Parks on Resurrection Bay: Caine’s Head State Marine Park; Fox Island Spit State Marine Park; Sunny Cove State Marine Park; and Thumb’s Cove State Marine Park. You can rent a State Park cabin in any of these areas for $65 a night. The cabins are all fairly new and are very nice cabins. There is one with handicap access in Thumb’s Cove (Spruce Cabin). The water taxi costs to get to them run $20 to $25 per person each way and we have discounts for children ten and under. The water taxi is done with our brand new custom built 32 foot landing craft (taking 14 passengers plus crew). The drop down bow makes it ideal for loading and unloading passengers, gear and kayaks easily. On the water taxi, watch for sea otters and eagles. Sometimes we will see an occasional sea lion or whale as well!
For more information on the water taxi services, with complete descriptions of the areas and what activities to do there (fishing, hiking, berry picking, kayaking, etc.) , please visit the water taxi section on our website. State Park Cabins are a wonderful way to see Alaska and experience the thrill of hiking, kayaking and camping on Resurrection Bay. One of the top ten hikes in Alaska is next to the Derby Cove Cabin or Callisto Cabin (Caine’s Head Trail – see hiking trails section). Thumb’s Cove has a salmon stream, is ideal for kayaking, and has alpine glaciers.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.