Explore the ruins of WWII’s Fort McGilvray, South Beach, and the Alpine Trail.
Sunny Cove Water Taxi
Departs Miller’s Landing 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 1:30 p.m.
Departs Sunny Cove 10:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., and 2:45 p.m.
- Round Trip or One Way
Water Taxi to Sunny Cove Paradise
Sunny Cove State Marine Park is located on Fox Island, about 13 nautical miles south of Seward, and is a very good destination for camping overnight if you are kayaking, or simply a great camping destination in Alaska. There are beautiful pristine beaches and lush rainforest environments for hiking, as well as tall wooded areas.
There is good salmon fishing for silver salmon from mid-July through August at Sunny Cove from the beach. Be aware that there is generally not a good water source in the park and water should be carried in.
To book a water taxi trip from Seward to Sunny Cove, find the right date on our online calendar. Have questions about our Miller’s Landing water taxi or destinations? Get in touch via email or phone us for questions you might have, and we’re happy to help!
Our water taxi leaves Miller’s Landing every two hours from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.