Our Ultimate Aialik Overnight Trip starts on Lowell Point and heads to the heart of the Kenai Fjords National Park. Enjoy 1 night and 2 days (or more!)
Tonsina Beach Guided Paddle
- Per Person
Enjoy a relaxing paddle and nature walk to Tonsina Beach!
Tonsina Beach is an amazing location that’s just a short paddle away. Walk among Sitka spruce, covered in large pillows of moss and other fungi that make up this unique forested trail.
This Tonsina Beach kayak tour leaves from Miller’s Landing on Lowell Point. Paddlers kayak to Tonsina Creek and view the beautiful ghost forest remains of the 1964 Alaskan earthquake. Cross one of the two salmon creeks into the stunning Chugach National forest to take a short walk through the forest to the far side of Tonsina Beach. If you’re around later in the summer, you’re able to view colourful salmon spawning in Tonsina Creek and eagles lurking nearby, awaiting a tasty treat.
- Gratuities are not included in the original sale price; a suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated!
- It is not unusual for paddlers to see eagles, sea otters, sea lions, and sometimes mountain goats or black bears. The highlights of this trip are viewing salmon spawning and the mysterious ghost forests.
- This paddle is offered in the morning and evening. The morning and evening paddles are appropriate for any athletic ability. No paddling experience is necessary but recommended.
- Please note: All clients paddle tandem kayaks. This paddle is appropriate for children ages 8 and over. The paddle is approximately two and a half to three hours in length.
- During winter months, we ONLY offer a 10 a.m. departure
Start your trip gearing up and getting a paddle talk from your guide before launching and paddling south towards Tonsina Beach. Travel along sheer cliff lines, over emerald waters with seagrass and otters looking for a snack.
Arrive at Tonsina beach and walk through the beautiful temperate rainforest, over salmon streams, and admire the stunning views of the bay. Spot bald eagles, pick berries in the fall, witness spawning salmon in the summer and the new growth and diverse plant and fungi life in the spring.
Make your way back to your kayaks, gear up, and then paddle back to Miller’s Landing with your guide. Keep your eyes peeled for sea otters, an array of sea birds and even whales!
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.