This is the perfect combination for the whole family to do everything you could want!
Half-Day Fishing & Sightseeing Combo
- Up to 6 passengers Exclusive use of the boat
Sightseeing Tour with Fishing in Seward, Alaska
This is a custom Seward charter focusing on sightseeing with just a little fun fishing included.
We sightsee for about three hours in the beautiful Seward region of Alaska and then fish for black bass for about an hour. The sightseeing tour takes you through the El Dorado Narrows, where you see towering cliffs, sea caves, sea lion haul-outs, bird rookeries, puffins, eagles, black oystercatchers, sea otters, kittiwakes, Murres, Dall porpoise, sometimes mountain goats and black bear, and an occasional whale! Be sure to bring your binoculars and a camera for this Seward sightseeing and fishing combo!
Fishing: Black bass is both easy and fun to catch. This charter is especially good for families with children because the fish bite regularly, and you can almost count on getting your limit of fish. We see many young fishermen catch their first fish on these charters. There is nothing more fun than watching a child reel up his or her first fish! These fish are great fun for young kids and big kids alike.
The return trip from Cape Resurrection navigates Rugged Island to Callisto Head and offers a beautiful view of Bear Glacier. We stop at various fishing spots known for catching black bass and fish for about an hour.
You enjoy the thrill of catching one fish after another. There are times that you can even reel up two or three on the same line, which really makes for a fun time and an unforgettable excursion on your Alaska vacation!
Buy your fishing and hunting license online at https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/store/ – these can be printed out ahead of time, but must be on your person whenever you fish!
Runs from June 1st – 30th. Miller’s Landing will be selling tickets for the Halibut Derby from their campground store.
The Seward Silver Salmon Derby runs the second Saturday of August every year and is not only Alaska’s oldest fishing derby, but it’s also the highest-dollar cash prize fishing derby in Alaska. You can buy tickets right at the store, and it’s a blast!
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected]k.com. The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.