Enjoy a full day of kayaking in glacier-bridled Kenai Fjords National Park in Aialik Bay. The ultimate day kayaking trip!
- Party Size (3 or fewer people)
- $500 $460
- Party Size (4 or more people)
- $500 $425
- Exclusive - your party only - Up to 6
- Exclusive - your party only - Up to 14
Miller’s Landing’s “Best of Alaska” Tour is just exactly that
We asked ourselves: What’s the best possible way to spend a day out of Seward Alaska – and this was our creation!
Want to do a little of the best Alaska has to offer but only have one day? Do some people in your group really want to do some fishing, and others really want to sea kayak? Are there elderly people in your party that can’t participate in one experience or the other, but want to stay together or just do some sightseeing? Do you want to avoid large groups of people? This is the trip for you.
Board our full-day fishing charter and water taxi boat for an all day experience – 4 hours of sport fishing, 4 hours of guided sea kayaking, and 4 hours of sightseeing on the way to and from the Kenai Fjords National Park! Paddle in front of calving tidewater glaciers, catch salmon and rock fish, and view all wildlife the Fjords has to offer on this incredible trip! No experience necessary!
Lunches, fishing equipment, bait, kayaking gear, guide, etc. are all provided. Dress in layers, bring a fishing license, and don’t forget the camera!
Kenai Fjords National Park Small Group Fishing, Kayaking, and Sightseeing Tour
- Each trip includes approximately four hours of sightseeing on the water taxi (two-hour ride in and two-hour ride out)
- Approximately four hours of paddling at the tidewater glaciers in the National Park (Aialik Bay or Northwestern Fjord)
- Approximately four hours of fishing for the target species in season before returning to the dock
- Group rates and dates may be available for large parties — please inquire!
Please note: We do not target halibut on these charters – unless otherwise stated as an exception at the time of booking, any halibut caught incidentally during the fishing portion of the tour will have to be released.
Come fishing and kayaking with us for the best of both experiences in a fun-filled day! Enjoy a four-hour paddle in the Kenai Fjords at one of the amazing tidewater glaciers, and four hours of sport fishing on the way home for salmon and rockfish. If you’ve only got one day to spend in Seward and want to do it up, this is the trip for you!
Our custom-built boats make this a possibility, able to land on remote beaches as well as allowing us to store our kayaks above the cabin and open up the deck for fishing!
Group sizes are limited to six kayakers per guide, with a total group size in the park not exceeding 14 total persons (12 clients, 2 guides). Visitors must adhere to Leave No Trace wilderness ethics. The Kenai Fjords is home to three large tidewater glaciers accessible to our kayaks and water taxi boats: Aialik, Holgate, and Northwestern. The area is rife with wildlife of all kinds — it is common to see black bears, harbor seals, whales, sea otter, porpoise, and so much more while in the kayak or on the boat ride in and out.
Fun-Filled Alaska Fishing & Kayaking Adventure
- No experience necessary: Fishing tutorial, tackle, bait, fish cleaning, and guide, all kayaking equipment, and lunch are provided. Dress in layers!
- We depart Miller’s Landing at 6 a.m., fully loaded with kayaks and bait! Keep a lookout for whales, porpoise, sea lions, and more as we ride.
- The Thomas Sea or the Fox Willie ventures two hours to Aialik Bay or Northwestern Fjord arriving around 8 – 8:30 a.m., where the Captain and kayak guide determine the best kayaking destination, dropping you at a beach within a short paddle of Holgate, Aialik, or Northwestern. Here, we can kayak with ice floes and watch actively calving tidewater glaciers. Kayaking not your thing? Stay aboard and take pictures of the rest of your group and view the action from the deck of our custom built landing craft!
- By 12 noon we’re back on the boat after working up appetites. Lunch is offered to the group while the captain manages navigating through the often ice-filled fjords toward the fishing grounds.
- Fish until 4 – 4:30 p.m. Catch fresh, wild Alaskan fish, like Silver Salmon / Coho (in season June 18 – Sept. 5, limit six per person in the bay, three outside the bay), Black Rockfish, Yelloweye, and sometimes Ling Cod (after July 1, limit one per person and over 35″). Rockfish limits are four per person, (only one of which can be a nonpelagic such as a Yelloweye). Around 4 p.m., the captain calls for lines up, and the vessel returns back to the Landing to hang your catch for photos and fillet them!
- Trips are back at the dock between 5:15 – 6 p.m. depending on weather and fishing.
- Each trip includes approximately four hours of sightseeing on the water taxi ride in and out. While we can’t guarantee wildlife, we do generally see sea lion, whales, puffins, harbor seals, sea otters, and all manner of sea birds. Our vessels travel nearly the exact same route as a sightseeing tour boat would on their full day experience to the fjords.
- There are approximately four hours of paddling with glaciers in the National Park.
- There are approximately four hours of fishing for the target species before returning to the dock.
Fishing licenses are not provided but can be purchased online or at the Miller’s Landing Store prior to departure or even days before the trip. While we do hang your catch for photos back home and filet as part of the trip, we do not have a fish freezing and packaging facility on site. There are a few excellent options in town to pack your fish for shipment either via plane or FedEx — just check out our page on processing fish here!
PLEASE NOTE: This trip is only sold by individual seat on Wednesdays. For other days of the week, the whole boat must be booked. Please give us a call with any questions!
Buy your fishing and hunting license online at https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/store/ – these can be printed out ahead of time, but must be on your person whenever you fish!
Runs from June 1st – 30th. Miller’s Landing will be selling tickets for the Halibut Derby from their campground store.
The Seward Silver Salmon Derby runs the second Saturday of August every year and is not only Alaska’s oldest fishing derby, but it’s also the highest-dollar cash prize fishing derby in Alaska. You can buy tickets right at the store, and it’s a blast!
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.