Spring Wildlife Cruise in Seward, Alaska
Watch Gray Whales as they make their migration along the coastline during the springtime in a cruise that you will not forget!
March 11- May 7, 2021
About Major Marine Tours
- Major Marine Tours offers seven cruise options into the pristine waters of Kenai Fjords National Park and two cruise options into the calm, protected waters of Prince William Sound. Departing from Seward and Whittier, our cruises are one of the “can’t miss” sightseeing activities in Alaska. View whales, sea otters, sea lions, puffins, and more! Visit active tidewater glaciers and marvel at Alaska’s magnificent scenery.
- Major Marine Tours is an award-winning, family-owned business that has operated in Alaska since 1990. Major Marine Tours has been recognized as an industry leader for pioneering such innovative programs as bringing National Park Rangers aboard as interpreters and offering passengers reserved indoor seating on every cruise.
- Major Marine Tours is one of the first marine tour operators in Alaska to join Denali Green Tag’s Tour Green program, the first carbon offsetting program offered for Alaskan tourism.
- Over the years, our awards have included “Kenai Fjords National Park Partner of the Year” and “Kenai Peninsula Outstanding Business in Tourism.” We have also received TripAdvisor’s “Award of Excellence” in 2013 and 2014 for our tours in Kenai Fjords National Park and Prince William Sound.
About this Tour
- Give into Spring Fever and join Major Marine Tours for our Gray Whale Watching Cruise, a day that is sure to become one of your fondest Alaska memories.
- Join us for our first cruise of the season as we head out to the opening of Resurrection Bay to witness the annual return of the gray whales.
- Gray whales migrate over 5,000 miles from Baja to the Bering and Chukchi Seas each year in search of food. These whales begin migrating north in late February and travel by “line of sight,” meaning that they travel close to the coastline on their migration. Gray whales arrive in Alaska in the spring, spending the summer feeding in shallow Arctic waters before migrating south in mid-October.
- Our Gray Whale Watching Cruise takes you through Resurrection Bay to the edge of the Gulf of Alaska in search of our returning visitors. In addition to gray whales, watch for humpback whales, orca whales, Steller sea lions, sea otters, Dall’s porpoises, harbor seals, bald eagles, and many types of seabirds.
- Our tour is fully narrated by our experienced captains and naturalist crew members. Complimentary beverages include coffee, tea, and water. Additional snacks and beverages are available for purchase.
- Witness the migration of the gray whales through Alaskan waters on our first cruise of the season.
- Wildlife: whales, sea otters, Steller sea lions, harbor seals, puffins, eagles, seabirds
- Complimentary use of binoculars while onboard
- Free parking in Harbor 360 Hotel parking lot
- Vessel: Viewfinder (58 feet, monohull, seats 36, cruising speed 22 knots, not wheelchair accessible) or Orca Song (70 feet, monohull, seats 60, cruising speed 22 knots, not wheelchair accessible)