Orca Sightseeing in Kenai Fjords
May 8-June 11, 2023
About Major Marine Tours
- Major Marine Tours offers seven cruise options into the pristine waters of Kenai Fjords National Park and two cruise options into the calm, protected waters of Prince William Sound. Departing from Seward and Whittier, our cruises are one of the “can’t miss” sightseeing activities in Alaska. View whales, sea otters, sea lions, puffins, and more! Visit active tidewater glaciers and marvel at Alaska’s magnificent scenery.
- Major Marine Tours is an award-winning, family-owned business that has operated in Alaska since 1990. Major Marine Tours has been recognized as an industry leader for pioneering such innovative programs as bringing National Park Rangers aboard as interpreters and offering passengers reserved indoor seating on every cruise.
- Major Marine Tours is one of the first marine tour operators in Alaska to join Denali Green Tag’s Tour Green program, the first carbon offsetting program offered for Alaskan tourism.
- Over the years, our awards have included “Kenai Fjords National Park Partner of the Year” and “Kenai Peninsula Outstanding Business in Tourism.” We have also received TripAdvisor’s “Award of Excellence” in 2013 and 2014 for our tours in Kenai Fjords National Park and Prince William Sound.
About this Tour
- Major Marine Tours is excited to announce the launch of our newest adventure: the Orca Quest Cruise! From mid-May through mid-June, orca whales frequent the waters outside of Seward in search of food. Join Major Marine Tours – the local whale experts – as we search for orcas during this prime time for orca whale watching.
- These incredible marine mammals are distinguishable by their prominent dorsal fins, which can grow up to six feet tall, and their fascinating social behaviors.
- Our experienced captains will explore the area’s orca hot spots and communicate with other vessels about recent orca sightings to maximize your chances of seeing orcas. Rather than following a set cruise route, we visit the places where orca whales have recently been seen, giving you a unique cruising experience every day.
- Learn about these whales from our experienced, local captains and naturalist crew members. Hear the haunting calls of these animals for yourself through our onboard hydrophone.
- Search for orca whales during the prime orca whale watching season in Alaska.
- Onboard hydrophone allows you to listen to the orca whale calls underwater.
- We take you where the whales have recently been seen rather than following a set route. Every day is a unique cruising experience.
- Narration by our local, experienced captains and naturalist crew members.
- Explore the world of Alaska’s orca whales on the only orca-focused cruise in Seward.
- Free parking
- Vessel: Orca Song (70 feet, monohull, seats 60, cruising speed 22 knots, not wheelchair accessible)