At Miller’s Landing we welcome and celebrate diversity. We encourage a healthy workplace environment where folks can be themselves while respecting others in this close community.
Being a housekeeper at Miller’s Landing offers ample time for nature activities, incredibly scenic views from your workplace, flexible schedule, and a low stress environment.
This position is ideal for someone who doesn’t mind working mostly alone, sometimes with another teammate, and occasionally in a team. This position requires someone willing and able to learn and perform cleaning duties with a high attention to detail. Housekeeping involves plenty of physical movement such as bending, reaching, stretching, lifting, and scrubbing. This position requires flexibility for start and end times, shifts generally begin at 9am and ends around 5pm with exceptions dependent upon business volume. Duties usually require a medium work pace, though can often require fast paced effort. A housekeeper will use safe and mild cleaning products daily, and occasionally/rarely bleach products.
This position consists of occasional guest interaction. Your participation includes exclusive access to our custom fishing and kayak charters, additionally on-site housing provisions, described below.
- At least 1 years experience in a service position, cleaning background is a plus.
- Requires great attention to detail and working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains professionalism and a positive attitude towards diversity.
- Is helpful and interested in the welfare of guests and other team members.
- Follows staff conduct policies and time management guidelines.
- Ability to sit, stand, crouch, kneel, reach, and lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision.
- Handles negative situations and conflict in a constructive nature.
- Assists in the planning and implementing of changes where applicable.
- Current Driver’s License is a plus.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and occasional overtime.
- Clean and maintain a variety of cabins after guests in a timely manner and in great detail.
- Maintain organization for your assigned cleaning kit and keep tidiness of closets, work vehicle, linens, towels, products, etc.
- Work with chemical cleaning products (very rare use of bleach products, safety equipment provided).
- Clean public spaces including public showers, toilets, laundry space, sweeping and mopping.
- Receive and carry out detailed instructions from management.
- Identify and report damaged and missing items from cabins.
- Wash, fold, and stock laundry.
- Maintain property cleanliness surrounding cabins and camp area (occasional landscaping).
Team Member Perks
Miller’s Landing is a kayak & fishing outfitter, who offers chartered boat tours to remote and unique destinations within the rugged and coveted Kenai Fjords National Park. As a team member, you are invited to join in on the fun at no cost to you. We make it a point to ensure everyone has the opportunity to enjoy some days fishing & kayaking if they’d like. Additionally, we provide humble housing arrangements to all of our employees.
For 2023, starting pay for a Housekeeper is $15/hr. Expect to arrive no later than 05/01/23 for training, earlier arrivals are welcomed upon approval. Commit to stay the season, ending no sooner than 09/15/23, later departures are welcomed upon approval with potential year round opportunity. Housing is available on a first hired-first served basis in either the staff bunkhouse, dry rooms, or dry cabins.
We appreciate the incredibly hard working folks that have shown up here year after year, each having left a piece of their own legacy on this great land, the old family homestead. We can’t wait to show you around!