Travel the Alaska Railroad route from Anchorage to Seward – or back! Whether you choose Adventure Class or the Gold Star service, the train is incredibly scenic and has all you could want!
- From :
- $ 62.00
Anchorage to Fairbanks, a Mountain Adventure
This is a great way to travel, the Alaska Railroad has a fantastic history on board interpreters, and is a convenient and reliable way to start or end your trip. With service right from the Anchorage Airport and early morning departures, you can hop right from your red-eye flight to Alaska right onto the train! It has spacious, comfortable seating, friendly hosts, and plenty of space for your baggage!
The addition of the train terminal in Anchorage’s Ted Stevens International Airport makes it that much easier to go from train to plane, or vice versa!
ID Requirements: I.D. requirements are identical to those when flying (passport or photo I.D., etc.), so don’t forget them!
Departure times leaving Anchorage
The Northbound Anchorage train departs Anchorage at 8:15 AM (you must be there by 7:15 am) and arrives at Talkeetna at 11:05 AM, Denali at 3:40 PM, or Fairbanks at 8:00 PM.
Departure times leaving Fairbanks / Denali / Talkeetna
The Southbound train from Fairbanks, Denali, or Talkeetna leave at 8:15 AM from Fairbanks, 12:30 PM from Denali, or 4:55 from Talkeetna. As usual, you must be at the station at least 1 hour early.
Denali Star Fares
|Adventure Class Fares||Adventure Class||Gold Star Service|
|Anchorage — Wasilla||$62.00||$31.00||$173.00||$95.00|
|Anchorage or Wasilla — Talkeetna||$100.00||$50.00||$212.00||$115.00|
|Anchorage or Wasilla — Denali||$165.00||$83.00||$294.00||$164.00|
|Anchorage or Wasilla — Fairbanks||$236.00||$118.00||$414.00||$237.00|
|Talkeetna — Denali||$94.00||$47.00||$206.00||$113.00|
|Talkneetna — Fairbanks||$139.00||$70.00||$279.00||$162.00|
|Fairbanks — Denali||$72.00||$36.00||$152.00||$85.00|
Adventure Class & Gold Star Class Fares*
*What is the difference between the Adventure and GoldStar service?
Adventure class passengers are seated on the first level of the train. They have access to a vista dome car, but there is no assigned seating in that dome. Passengers may visit the vista dome car for about 20 minutes at a time, to allow other passengers to sit in the dome. Adventure class passengers may walk through all of the Adventure cars, but may not enter the GoldStar dome.
Passengers that purchase the GoldStar upgrade receive priority check-in at select depots and are seated on the second level of our two-story fully-domed car. GoldStar passengers will ride in the newest and most luxurious, double-decked dome cars on the train. These cars are positioned near the front of the train with the best views from the upper-level outdoor viewing platform.
This is the only railcar ever built with an upper-level outdoor deck. GoldStar passengers receive complimentary non-alcoholic beverages throughout the trip and may purchase beer, wine, and spirits at the private bar located on the upper level of the GoldStar car. GoldStar passengers also have access to an open-air, glass-roofed, viewing deck on the upper level to the rear of the car, and have priority seating in the dining car which is located directly below them on the first level. GoldStar passengers may walk through all of the Alaska Railroad cars and have access to the Adventure class dining area.
GoldStar Service features:
- Confirmed seat in the upper-level dome car
- Complimentary coffee, soda, or tea served at your seat
- Priority seating in the lower-level dining room showcasing original Alaska artwork
- Private outdoor viewing deck – the only one of its kind
- Dine in comfort in 36 dining room seats with views through picture windows.
- Your dome-level reclining seats can rotate to accommodate groups of four and let you share the experience with friends.
- A full-time bar attendant is available to those looking for libations.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.