This is our ultimate overnight trip and goes to the heart of the beautiful, pristine waters of the Kenai Fjords National Park. Paddle around Holgate Glacier, Aialik Glacier, and more.
- 4-5 Hour
Kenai Fjords National Park at its most scenic!
Enjoy an Alaska sightseeing tour by helicopter as you travel to the Bear Glacier area. Paddle from our cache located on the ice-filled lake, and listen to the ice crystals releasing compressed air that was trapped due to the weight of snow over time. View the intense blue colored icebergs as they float in the lake, and watch as they sometimes roll due to the melting that occurs.
Spot the harbor seals that are always present as we paddle through the glacial lake on this one-of-a-kind kayaking tour. Bear Glacier is simply one of the most dynamic and interesting areas in the Kenai Fjords National Park. Bear Glacier Lake is the result of Bear Glacier retreating from the terminal moraine which actually was the beach at the ocean. This site is a photographer’s dream! This area is home to some of the largest black bears, goats, harbor seals, wolves, wolverines, and a multitude of other wildlife. This area is also abundant with wildflowers and Alaskan berries.
We enjoy lunch near the glacier depending on the weather at the time.
This lake are is generally cooler than that of Seward and we encourage everyone that visits Bear Glacier to prepare for a cooler, sometimes wet experience.
- Wildlife viewing
- Unmatched flight seeing opportunities
- Very flexible schedules for your convenience
4.5 Hr. Bear Glacier Adventure
Morning trip (8 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.) | Afternoon Trip (12:15 p.m. – 5 p.m.) (two-person min. for a trip)
Bear Glacier Overnight Helicopter-Kayak Camping Trip
Trip departs 8 a.m. | (two-person min. for a trip)
Fully guided and outfitted
DO IT ALL! UNEQUALED HELI TOUR, KAYAKING, ICEBERG VIEWING, WILDLIFE VIEWING, & MORE
Note! Our Kenai Fjords tour includes heli transport, snacks, lunch, guide, and a small group size (up to six).
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.