Kayak to North Beach of Caines Head from Miller’s Landing and hike to the historic Fort McGilvray!
Yoga & Meditation Retreats
- Alaska Yoga Adventures Sea Kayak Weekend
Miller’s Landing and Alaska Yoga Adventures presents: Sea Kayaking and Yoga in Aialik Bay!
Spend three days and two nights practising yoga, meditation, kayaking and enjoying the company of other like-minded people and being surrounded by nature.
Maximum group size: 6 People
Sea Kayak Aialik Bay: Women’s Wellness Weekend
- Water taxi to the heart of the Kenai Fjords National Park aboard one of
our custom built landing crafts. We transport kayaks and camping gear on
a 2 hour ride through the Fjords to Holgate Arm. Once arrived, we
assemble a base camp, & settle into our environment with an all-levels
wilderness yoga and meditation practice. After lunch, we’ll take time
to get aquainted with the sea kayaks with a skills school & safety
briefing. The next day we do it all again: delicious meals, wilderness
yoga & meditation and an amazing day sea kayaking through the bay.
We will paddle:
- Around the Holgate Glacier, Aialik Glacier, and Pederson Lagoon area
where we see magnificent tidewater and piedmont glaciers, icebergs,
seals, and other wildlife. You will be amazed at the breathtaking beauty
of this area!
Your Instructor and Guide, Jule:
- A yogi since 2005, Jule began teaching in 2012 and has 500hrs of
training with Yoga Alliance. She has studied and practiced Ashtanga,
Hatha, Iyengar, Kundalini & Restorative Yoga, but like’s to “teach in
the moment-” blending her own style that utilizes mindful movement with
breath and postural awareness. Jule uses yoga to strengthen and relax
both mind and body. She is a certified Wilderness First Responder and
has 1500+ days wilderness experience. She professionally guides remote
multi-day packrafting, rafting, kayaking and backpacking trips
throughout the state.
Relax in the evening:
- After community meals, take in the breathtaking beauty of the fjords and
the wildlife all around you. Enjoy discussions on Yoga/Ayurveda
philosophy around the campfire and explore holistic ways to stay healthy
& centered in our busy worlds. We end each day with an evening
meditation and breathing exercises. Our camp is close enough to the
ocean that sound of gentle waves lapping the shore and the unique sounds
of the glacier calving will set you to sleep.
- After another full day in enjoying the park, our taxi picks us up in the evening to maximize our experience, arriving back to Miller’s Landing between 7-9pm.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.