Learn about the history of Seward and the Iditarod, and experience the thrill of the race!
Seward Helicopter Tours – Godwin Glacier Dog Sled Tours
Please Note: These trips run by Seward Helicopters & Turning Heads Kennel. Any submission through Miller’s Landing is an information request; to get booked in, either give us a call at 907 331 3113 for an availability check, or book directly through the operator by following the booking link on the right of the page!
Running from May 19th, 2021 to September 4th, 2021. Departure times: 9:00am, 10:30am, 11:40am, 1:00pm, 2:20pm, 3:40pm, 5:00pm, and 6:30pm. This tour is run by Seward Helicopters and Turning Heads Kennel.
Fly in a Helicopter & Go Dog Sledding on a Glacier
Go Dog Sledding in Alaska on pure white snow even during the summer time. From Mid-May until the end of August, our helicopter dogsledding tour is the best way to experience Alaska’s state sport during the summer.
After taking off in one of our helicopters, you’ll find yourself landing at dog camp atop an ancient glacier. A team of sled dogs anxiously awaits to pull you across perfect white snow. Our small staff and 25 dogs are sure to make you feel right at home while surrounded by beautiful mountain visitas.
After your sled ride, cuddle our lovable puppies, take pictures of the beautiful Alaskan scenery, and talk with your musher about dog sledding in Alaska — they’re sure to have some incredible adventures to share. We have all the gear and equipment you’ll need for your Alaskan dog sledding experience, you just need to bring your camera.
This is a 1.5 hour tour that includes 15 minutes of flight seeing. Dog sledding in Alaska is sure to be a highlight that will stick with you and your family for the rest of your lives. This has a low activity level, making it ideal for all ages.
Depart 9:00, 10:30, 11:40, 1:00, 2:20, 3:40, 5:00, and 6:30
This is a 90 minute experience. It has a low activity level, making it ideal for all ages.
What to Bring
About this Tour
- Amazing 15-Minute Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Fly Over Godwin Glacier and See Seward from the Air
- 30 Minute Snowy Dog Sled Ride in a Breathtaking Landscape
- Sit Back and Relax or Help Mush The Team with Your Guide
- Meet Real Racing Huskies and Take Your Picture with Iditarod Super-Stars
- Cuddle Adorable Sled Dog Puppies
- No Extra Gear Needed. They provide it all.
- Appropriate for All Ages. Children 2 and Under Ride Free.
- Upgrade To Include Lunch
- Complimentary Pick Up and Drop Off at all Seward Area Hotels.
- This tour requires good visibility so we can fly. If you are in Seward for more than one day, we recommend booking your trip on your first day so that if there are issues with visibility we can reschedule you for later on in your trip.
- Weather Policy: If we cannot fly, there is a full refund. If you have the time, we will work to reschedule your tour.
Any reservations made are subject to the Cancellation Policy of Seward Helicopters and Turning Heads Kennel. To learn more about their Terms and Conditions, click HERE.