Learn about the history of Seward and the Iditarod, and experience the thrill of the race!
Running from May 21, 2021 to September 5th, 2021. Departure times: 9:00am, 10:30am, 11:40am, 1:00pm, 2:20pm, 3:40pm, 5:00pm, and 6:30pm. This tour is run by Seward Helicopters and Turning Heads Kennel.
Fly in a Helicopter & Go Dog Sledding on a Glacier
Go Dog Sledding in Alaska on pure white snow even during the summer time. From Mid-May until the end of August, our helicopter dogsledding tour is the best way to experience Alaska’s state sport during the summer.
After taking off in one of our helicopters, you’ll find yourself landing at dog camp atop an ancient glacier. A team of sled dogs anxiously awaits to pull you across perfect white snow. Our small staff and 25 dogs are sure to make you feel right at home while surrounded by beautiful mountain visitas.
After your sled ride, cuddle our lovable puppies, take pictures of the beautiful Alaskan scenery, and talk with your musher about dog sledding in Alaska — they’re sure to have some incredible adventures to share. We have all the gear and equipment you’ll need for your Alaskan dog sledding experience, you just need to bring your camera.
This is a 1.5 hour tour that includes 15 minutes of flight seeing. Dog sledding in Alaska is sure to be a highlight that will stick with you and your family for the rest of your lives. This has a low activity level, making it ideal for all ages.
Depart 9:00, 10:30, 11:40, 1:00, 2:20, 3:40, 5:00, and 6:30
This is a 90 minute experience. It has a low activity level, making it ideal for all ages.
What to Bring
About this Tour
- Amazing 15-Minute Scenic Helicopter Flight
- Fly Over Godwin Glacier and See Seward from the Air
- 30 Minute Snowy Dog Sled Ride in a Breathtaking Landscape
- Sit Back and Relax or Help Mush The Team with Your Guide
- Meet Real Racing Huskies and Take Your Picture with Iditarod Super-Stars
- Cuddle Adorable Sled Dog Puppies
- No Extra Gear Needed. They provide it all.
- Appropriate for All Ages. Children 2 and Under Ride Free.
- Upgrade To Include Lunch
- Complimentary Pick Up and Drop Off at all Seward Area Hotels.
- This tour requires good visibility so we can fly. If you are in Seward for more than one day, we recommend booking your trip on your first day so that if there are issues with visibility we can reschedule you for later on in your trip.
- Weather Policy: If we cannot fly, there is a full refund. If you have the time, we will work to reschedule your tour.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.