Seward Winter Tours of Resurrection Bay!
Leaving daily from the Seward small boat harbor! We meet at 10:45 AM at the Harbor 360 Hotel lobby to board the Fox Willie. Departing by 11AM to tour along the Eastern side of Resurrection Bay, keeping eyes out for Orcas and other whales, Dall’s Porpoise, sea otters, Stellar’s sea lions, harbor seals, river otters and more! Our captains and deckhands will point out the natural and man-made sights, and weather permitting, we will travel about 20 miles toward Cape Resurrection and El Dorado Narrows, viewing Thumb Cove, Humpy Cove, Kayaker’s Cove and Fox Island Spit along the way. Often being afforded a glimpse of Bear Glacier along the way!
Traveling back down the west side of the bay to view the remains of Fort McGilvray at Caines Head, a remnant of the Second World War, and some of the dynamic natural features of our fjords. Our round trip may include stops at area beaches at the captain’s discretion- have a keen eye to spend a few minutes doing some Alaskan beach combing? Mention it to the crew when you board, we may be able to land and let you explore for a short while or photo opportunity as our boat is designed to land and load from the shoreline.
Since this boat specializes in small groups, if you have something you want to see or are curious about something on the horizon, just ask! We are happy to go explore with you, weather and group permitting! The itinerary of these trips is fluid and adaptable to any requests your group may have. Let us know!
About the Boat
The Fox Willie is a 36′ x 13.5′ custom built aluminum catamaran and landing craft with seating for 16 passengers and up to 4 crew members. She proudly features a landing gate on the bow, which allows crew to walk on and off right from the beach, and a full walk through and walk around cabin. It has a marine head, accessed from the port stern quarter, built in fish boxes, below decks storage for excess gear and diesel forced air heater. A fish cleaning table/bait station with saltwater wash down sits across the aft portion of the vessel. She can carry kayaks on top of the house – and when needed to perform as a water taxi platform exclusively – along both sides of the house. Enough storage to pack 6 doubles on deck and more above, she can carry enough kayaks for each passenger when required.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.