Explore Sewards Kenai Fjords by boat! Often seeing whales, Dall porpoise, sea otters, Stellar sealions, hanging alpine glaciers and more!
Free beachside lodging for parties of 4 or more!
Discover the best of Alaska in Winter!
Winter Kayaking, Sightseeing & Beachcombing
Please note we require a minimum of 4 people.
This is the perfect trip for visiting family, friends and other large groups. Truly something for everyone! The boat stays with you the entire time and can be waved down at your leisure. There is no obligation to kayak or beach comb, the party can be split up if some want more or less of any activity! Truly something for all abilities and interests.
Meet your guide and captain at the Harbor 360 Hotel in the Seward small boat harbor and board the Fox Willie for sightseeing, kayaking, and remote beachcombing fun this winter! We will take a leisurely drive out Resurrection bay, viewing the various fjords and wildlife along the way.
Get dropped off on the beach of Thumbs Cove or Fox Island and take a two-hour paddle in the protected waters of this beautiful cove, complete with hanging alpine glaciers, fjords, and wildlife. Don’t feel as excited about kayaking as the rest of your group? Stay on the boat or go beachcombing!
Seaside treasures and memories can almost always be found along the Alaskan coast. Give a wave or a shout and we’ll come right back in and pick you up! You set the pace and timeline for this excursion.
A great winter activity for larger groups of varying interests as there is something for everyone. The Fox Willie is an inspected vessel carrying 18 passengers and two crew, making her ideal for large groups and commercial charters.
It has a heated cabin, a marine head, and a walk-around deck. The twin hull design and landing craft gate make it a stable and secure platform for all kinds of activities in our area.
The Fox Willie was custom built for these activities and this area. It’s the perfect vessel for your family and for small group tours and landings in our area!
The crowd decides the pace and the destination can also be adjusted to accommodate various abilities. This trip can be kayaking heavy, sightseeing heavy, or beachcombing heavy. Your party decides!
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.