Two thrilling full-day cruises travel to Kenai Fjords National Park where wildlife is abundant and tidewater glaciers are massive.
Major Marine Tours Orca Quest Cruise
- Children (2-11)
- Infant (1 and under)
Orca Sightseeing in Kenai Fjords
May 14-June 10, 2018
About Major Marine Tours
- Major Marine Tours offers seven cruise options into the pristine waters of Kenai Fjords National Park and two cruise options into the calm, protected waters of Prince William Sound. Departing from Seward and Whittier, our cruises are one of the “can’t miss” sightseeing activities in Alaska. View whales, sea otters, sea lions, puffins, and more! Visit active tidewater glaciers and marvel at Alaska’s magnificent scenery.
- Major Marine Tours is an award-winning, family-owned business that has operated in Alaska since 1990. Major Marine Tours has been recognized as an industry leader for pioneering such innovative programs as bringing National Park Rangers aboard as interpreters and offering passengers reserved indoor seating on every cruise. We are the first and the only operators to offer an Alaska salmon and prime rib “all-you-can-eat” buffet freshly prepared on board, which has been consistently rated the best of any day cruise company in Alaska.
- Major Marine Tours is one of the first marine tour operators in Alaska to join Denali Green Tag’s Tour Green program, the first carbon offsetting program offered for Alaskan tourism.
- Over the years, our awards have included “Kenai Fjords National Park Partner of the Year” and “Kenai Peninsula Outstanding Business in Tourism.” We have also received TripAdvisor’s “Award of Excellence” in 2013 and 2014 for our tours in Kenai Fjords National Park and Prince William Sound.
About this Tour
- Major Marine Tours is excited to announce the launch of our newest adventure: the Orca Quest Cruise! From mid-May through mid-June, orca whales frequent the waters outside of Seward in search of food. Join Major Marine Tours – the local whale experts – as we search for orcas during this prime time for orca whale watching.
- These incredible marine mammals are distinguishable by their prominent dorsal fins, which can grow up to six feet tall, and their fascinating social behaviors.
- Our experienced captains will explore the area’s orca hot spots and communicate with other vessels about recent orca sightings to maximize your chances of seeing orcas. Rather than following a set cruise route, we visit the places where orca whales have recently been seen, giving you a unique cruising experience every day.
- Learn about these whales from our experienced, local captains and naturalist crew members. Hear the haunting calls of these animals for yourself through our onboard hydrophone.
- Search for orca whales during the prime orca whale watching season in Alaska.
- Onboard hydrophone allows you to listen to the orca whale calls underwater.
- We take you where the whales have recently been seen rather than following a set route. Every day is a unique cruising experience.
- Narration by our local, experienced captains and naturalist crew members.
- Explore the world of Alaska’s orca whales on the only orca-focused cruise in Seward.
- Free parking
- Vessel: Orca Song (70 feet, monohull, seats 60, cruising speed 22 knots, not wheelchair accessible)
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.