Watch Gray Whales as they make their migration along the coastline during the springtime in a cruise that you will not forget!
Major Marine Full Day Kenai Fjords National Park Tour
- Adult 7.5 Hour
- Child 7.5 Hour
- Adult 6 Hour
- Child 6 Hour
- Infant (1 and under)
Kenai Fjords Thrilling Adventures
We’ll visit the Chiswell Islands or Cape Resurrection, as we take you to the most significant wildlife viewing opportunities of the day. You’ll often witness calving from a close distance, a process by which glaciers shed giant blocks and slabs of ancient ice. These cruises also offer you the best opportunity for whale watching in Alaska. With photo opportunities galore, your cruise will be unforgettable.
About Major Marine Tours
- Major Marine Tours offers seven cruise options into the pristine waters of Kenai Fjords National Park and two cruise options into the calm, protected waters of Prince William Sound. Departing from Seward and Whittier, our cruises are one of the “can’t miss” sightseeing activities in Alaska. View whales, sea otters, sea lions, puffins, and more! Visit active tidewater glaciers and marvel at Alaska’s magnificent scenery.
- Major Marine Tours is an award-winning, family-owned business that has operated in Alaska since 1990. Major Marine Tours has been recognized as an industry leader for pioneering such innovative programs as bringing National Park Rangers aboard as interpreters and offering passengers reserved indoor seating on every cruise. We are the first and the only operators to offer an Alaska salmon and prime rib “all-you-can-eat” buffet freshly prepared on board, which has been consistently rated the best of any day cruise company in Alaska.
- Major Marine Tours is one of the first marine tour operators in Alaska to join Denali Green Tag’s Tour Green program, the first carbon offsetting program offered for Alaskan tourism.
- Over the years, our awards have included “Kenai Fjords National Park Partner of the Year” and “Kenai Peninsula Outstanding Business in Tourism.” We have also received TripAdvisor’s “Award of Excellence” in 2013 and 2014 for our tours in Kenai Fjords National Park and Prince William Sound.
About 6 Hour Tour
- May 2-September 20, 2020
- Departs 11:30 am / Returns 5:30 pm
- Our 6 Hour Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise explores the world of whales, wildlife, and glaciers found in Kenai Fjords National Park.
- The Spirit of Adventure, our newly-remodeled catamaran, is one of our fastest boats, allowing you to experience as much scenery, glaciers, and wildlife as possible within six hours.
- Providing a full narration to your journey, a uniformed National Park Ranger will be onboard to point out the spectacular sights and provide information on the area’s ecology, history, and geology. – You will spend time in front of the mighty Holgate Glacier, an actively calving tidewater glacier. This cruise is the best option for those traveling with same-day transportation packages from Anchorage.
- Visit an active tidewater glacier
About 7.5 Hour Tour
- May 28-September 7 + September 14, 2020
- Departs 10:00 am / Returns 5:30 pm
- Our thrilling 7.5 Hour cruise explores Kenai Fjords National Park, where wildlife is abundant and tidewater glaciers are massive.
- Providing a full narration to your journey, a uniformed National Park Ranger will be your guide to the spectacular sights while answering any questions you may have.
- With 7.5 hours on the water, this cruise allows more time for the captain to seek out the best whale and wildlife viewing opportunities in the area, including Steller sea lion colonies and rookeries home to thousands of nesting seabirds. You will also spend time in front of two active tidewater glaciers: Holgate and Aialik Glaciers.
- Visit two active tidewater glaciers
- More time on the water allows the captain to seek out the best wildlife-viewing opportunities in the area
Included in both tours
- View wildlife and scenery on a large, stable catamaran with multiple viewing decks and large, fog-free windows
- Wildlife: whales, sea otters, Steller sea lions, harbor seals, puffins, eagles, seabirds
- Onboard National Park Ranger provides narration and answers questions
- Fun and educational Junior Ranger Program available for children
- Delicious Alaska salmon and prime rib feast served buffet style for only $27/adult, and $13.50/child.
- Guaranteed reserved seating in a heated cabin for every guest
- Complimentary use of binoculars while onboard
- Free parking
- Vessel: Spirit of Adventure (86 feet, catamaran, seats 174, cruising speed 24 knots, wheelchair accessible on the main deck)
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.