Two thrilling full-day cruises travel to Kenai Fjords National Park where wildlife is abundant and tidewater glaciers are massive.
Major Marine Tours Gray Whale Watching Cruise
- Children (2-11)
- Infant (1 and under)
Gray Whale Watching in Seward, Alaska
March 6 – May 9, 2021
About Major Marine Tours
- Major Marine Tours offers seven cruise options into the pristine waters of Kenai Fjords National Park and two cruise options into the calm, protected waters of Prince William Sound. Departing from Seward and Whittier, our cruises are one of the “can’t miss” sightseeing activities in Alaska. View whales, sea otters, sea lions, puffins, and more! Visit active tidewater glaciers and marvel at Alaska’s magnificent scenery.
- Major Marine Tours is an award-winning, family-owned business that has operated in Alaska since 1990. Major Marine Tours has been recognized as an industry leader for pioneering such innovative programs as bringing National Park Rangers aboard as interpreters and offering passengers reserved indoor seating on every cruise.
- Major Marine Tours is one of the first marine tour operators in Alaska to join Denali Green Tag’s Tour Green program, the first carbon offsetting program offered for Alaskan tourism.
- Over the years, our awards have included “Kenai Fjords National Park Partner of the Year” and “Kenai Peninsula Outstanding Business in Tourism.” We have also received TripAdvisor’s “Award of Excellence” in 2013 and 2014 for our tours in Kenai Fjords National Park and Prince William Sound.
About this Tour
- Give into Spring Fever and join Major Marine Tours for our Gray Whale Watching Cruise, a day that is sure to become one of your fondest Alaska memories.
- Join us for our first cruise of the season as we head out to the opening of Resurrection Bay to witness the annual return of the gray whales.
- Gray whales migrate over 5,000 miles from Baja to the Bering and Chukchi Seas each year in search of food. These whales begin migrating north in late February and travel by “line of sight,” meaning that they travel close to the coastline on their migration. Gray whales arrive in Alaska in the spring, spending the summer feeding in shallow Arctic waters before migrating south in mid-October.
- Our Gray Whale Watching Cruise takes you through Resurrection Bay to the edge of the Gulf of Alaska in search of our returning visitors. In addition to gray whales, watch for humpback whales, orca whales, Steller sea lions, sea otters, Dall’s porpoises, harbor seals, bald eagles, and many types of seabirds.
- Our tour is fully narrated by our experienced captains and naturalist crew members. Complimentary beverages include coffee, tea, and water. Additional snacks and beverages are available for purchase.
- Witness the migration of the gray whales through Alaskan waters on our first cruise of the season.
- Wildlife: whales, sea otters, Steller sea lions, harbor seals, puffins, eagles, seabirds
- Complimentary use of binoculars while onboard
- Free parking in Harbor 360 Hotel parking lot
- Vessel: Viewfinder (58 feet, monohull, seats 36, cruising speed 22 knots, not wheelchair accessible) or Orca Song (70 feet, monohull, seats 60, cruising speed 22 knots, not wheelchair accessible)
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.