Our Ultimate Aialik Overnight Trip starts on Lowell Point and heads to the heart of the Kenai Fjords National Park. Enjoy 1 night and 2 days (or more!)
Resurrection Bay Guided Overnight Trip
- Person* *Two person minimum
- Each Additional Night Per Person
The Best Way to See Resurrection Bay
Explore Resurrection Bay and all it’s hidden gems. From the magical fox island spit to the historical yet beautiful Caines Head State Recreation Park. This overnight Resurrection Bay Paddle will be customized by your guide to show you the best of the bay.
Where We Paddle
Explore Caines Head State Recreation Area, Fox Island, Humpy Cove, or even Thumb Cove on this multiday paddle. Where you paddle will depend on the weather and how many days you want to spend paddling or even hiking. You might find yourself searching for sea critters on Fox Island Spit, hiking the alpine trail near Caines Head, exploring Fort McGilvray, or padding under falling water in Humpy Cove. We allow our guides to customize trips based on the season, different weather conditions or other seasonal factors that affect the bay.
About our Guides
Our team of guides will prepare your meals and work to customize your trip to maximize your experience. Enjoy exploring, taking photos, hiking, or paddling all while following the rules and ethics established by the National Park. This area prescribes to Leave No Trace wilderness ethics, and we make every effort to do exactly that. Kayak guides are trained in assisted rescue techniques, the areas natural history, first aid / CPR, and emergency response tactics. Miller’s Landing owns its own fleet of water taxi vessels – as a result in the unlikely case of an emergency we are uniquely positioned to establish prompt and unplanned egress from even the remoteness of the fjords.
- On this trip, depending on the number of nights you stay, you may not see all the different camping locations.
- Visit calm, serene, pristine emerald-green coves and beautiful pebbled beaches in Resurrection Bay. This is a great trip for beginner paddlers who want a lot of time on the water and want to see all of Resurrection Bay
- All kayaking gear and instructions provided
- Gratuities are not included in the original sale price. A suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated! (Suggested tip $100 to $200/person)
- Please note: All participants paddle tandem kayaks. This paddle is appropriate for children aged 12 and over. Talk to your guide about your interests and any preferences for the trip.
- Includes one-way water taxi ride to or from a spot in the bay. Your guide will include this in their float plan.
Your day begins with an early morning departure around 7 am, heading toward Caines Head State Recreation Area. Travel along sheer shale cliffs covered in blankets of moss and eagles perched in trees. When you arrive at Caines Head, you’ll set up camp then continue on to hike or beach comp with your guide.
The Next day, continue onwards to the eastern side of the bay where you’ll find Fox Island, Humpy Cove, or Thumb Cove. It’s here that you may also set up camp for your second night or get picked up by water taxi on your final day. If you choose, challenge yourself on the Alpine Trail, located at Caines Head, or add an extra day of paddling. Looking to relax on a beach, spend an afternoon reading in your tent, or attempt the steep hike to porcupine glacier? Let your guide know what you want and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
The water taxi boat picks you up in the late afternoon. On the water taxi, keep your eyes peeled for sea birds and otters, or enjoy a quick nap after a successful trip.
Please be sure to inform us if you have medical or ethical dietary restrictions. We plan meals for the “average eater.” Feel free to bring your own snacks! We really try to accommodate everyone’s diet, but please understand we don’t have enough room to pack a buffet in a kayak. If you would like to buy your own groceries, a $20 refund will be subtracted from your trip cost. This trip is best for ages 12 and over!
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] . Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.