Our Ultimate Aialik Overnight Trip starts on Lowell Point and heads to the heart of the Kenai Fjords National Park. Enjoy 1 night and 2 days (or more!)
- Person* *Two person minimum
- Each Additional Night Per Person
The Best Way to See Resurrection Bay
- Two days/one night – Adventurers can add extra days for a set per person rate per additional day! Additional nights include more flexible or extensive trip itineraries.
- Two person minimum to book – group rates for large groups of 8 or more available, please call to inquire.
- Includes – camping gear, meals, water taxi transport, kayak and equipment, and guide(s) with medical training, kayak rescue skills, safety equipment and emergency communications equipment.
- Does not include – Personal clothing, foul weather gear, toiletries, gratuities, or guarantees on weather or wildlife
- A note on meals – These are included in the price but special dietary meals may incur additional charges. We do not permit or provide alcohol on our tours.
Meals include a continental breakfast on the first day, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Each additional day includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, until the last day, which does not include a dinner meal. Feel free to bring your own snacks! We work hard to accommodate to everyone’s diet. If you would like to bring your own groceries, let us know! Please be sure to inform us if you have allergies or need special attention with your diet at the time of your reservation!
- Paddle from Miller’s Landing five miles south of Caine’s Head and enjoy Tonsina Beach and Bridal Veil Falls along the way.
At Caine’s Head, you can choose between three different trails to hike. After hiking, a water taxi transfers you across the bay to camp in either Thumb Cove or Fox Island to set up camp for the night.
The next day, enjoy kayaking along the Eastern side of the bay, from Fox Island to Thumb Cove or vice versa, with a water taxi ride back to Lowell Point in the early afternoon.
Plenty of wildlife:
- Eagles, harbor seals, sea lions, dall’s porpoise, and sea otters are likely encounters along with the potential for several rarer species. Don’t forget your camera!
Gratuities are not included in the original sale price, a suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated!
Suggested tip $35 -$53/person.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] . Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.