Don’t have the time or the energy for the full day hike and paddle to Caines Head? Paddle out and we pick you up in the water taxi!
- Per Person Use discount code Mystical Orca at check out
- $148 $125
Relax and Enjoy Resurrection Bay Near Humpy Cove
Sightsee for whales and porpoises on the way, then arrive and start paddling among sheer cliffs that climb straight out of the cove as we kayak in Resurrection Bay. Take in the sights of the cascading waterfalls, river otters playing in a terminal salmon stream, a sneaky local harbor seal, and more on this half-day guided kayak tour with Miller’s Landing!
Tour meets at 7 a.m., 9 a.m., 11 a.m., and 1 p.m. — see grid below
- A. Check-in at the office for parking pass and to sign necessary forms
- B. Meet guide, get outfitted for paddle
- C. Water taxi loads and departs for Orca Island and crosses Resurrection Bay, looking out for whales, porpoises, sea otters, and more!
- D. Arrive in gorgeous Humpy Cove and participate in a safety briefing prior to departing on your kayaking adventure!
- E. Water taxi loads and depart for Miller’s Landing
|Check In (A):||Outfitting (B):||Depart on Boat (C):||Safety & Start(D):||Departure to Miller’s (E):||Arrive at Miller’s (F):|
|6:45||7:00||7:30||7:45||10:05||10:45 – 11:00|
|8:45||9:00||9:30||9:45||12:05||12:45 – 1:00|
|10:45||11:00||11:30||11:45||2:05||2:45 – 3:00|
|12:45||1:00||1:30||1:45||4:05||4:45 – 5:00|
Please Note: All clients paddle tandem kayaks unless otherwise discussed with the guide preceding the trip. This paddle is appropriate for children ages 6 and over. This paddle is approximately an hour and a half in length. No experience necessary.
This trip requires a minimum of three people to go out at 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Price includes 45 minutes to an hour of water taxi time and watching for wildlife!
- Web Booking Special! Use discount code: “Mystical Orca” at checkout!
- See a salmon stream and waterfalls.
- See beautiful pillow basalt rock formations and unusual rock gardens.
- View the standing petrified ghost forest remains from the 1964 Alaskan Earthquake.
- Calm, serene, pristine emerald-green waters with sheer cliffs, protected from the prevailing afternoon winds
- Watch for sea otters, river otters, sea lions, eagles, porpoises, whales, and mountain goats.
- No experience needed, all kayaking gear and instruction provided
Gratuities are not included in original sale price, a suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated! Suggested tip: $17 to $20/person
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.