Don’t have the time or the energy for the full day hike and paddle to Caines Head? Paddle out and we pick you up in the water taxi!
Half Day Across Resurrection Bay
- Per Person Use discount code Mystical Orca at check out
Relax and Enjoy a trip across the Bay to the Cove of your guide’s choosing
Hop on the water taxi and travel east, sightseeing for whales and porpoises on the way, then arrive and start paddling among sheer cliffs that climb straight out of the ocean in Resurrection Bay. Take in the sights of the cascading waterfalls, river and sea otters playing in terminal salmon streams, the sneaky local harbor seals, and more on this half-day guided kayak tour with Miller’s Landing!
Let the Guide Choose
Why let the guide choose?
Let’s face it, Humpy and Thumb Cove are both great, but depending on the weather, tides, season, or recent wildlife activity each cove has a time to shine. So, we have our guides choose the cove to help ensure the best experience for this shorter trip.
Located closer to the mouth of Resurrection Bay, Humpy Cove is truly unique from cliffs that become coated in waterfalls in the rain, crystal clear water, rock gardens and migrating sea jellies looking for their next snack. This easy paddle is one of our guide’s favorites! So don’t be surprised if you find yourself in Humpy, scouring the cliffs in search of sea urchins, or paddling under a waterfall after a good rain.
This is cove sheltered from the wind and waves and braced by three gorgeous Alpine Glaciers, hanging in the mountains. Bald eagles, sea lions, and sea otters hunt prey, and experience berry picking in the fall, and more! This is a great introductory Resurrection Bay kayak tour with the benefit of sightseeing and getting away from the wind and chop — it’s generally very calm!
- Price includes 45 minutes to an hour of water taxi time and watching for wildlife!
- Web Booking Special! Use discount code: “Mystical Orca” at checkout!
- On this Trip you will visit Thumb Cove OR Humpy cove
- All kayaking gear and instructions provided
- Gratuities are not included in the original sale price. A suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated! (Suggested tip $15 to $25/person)
- Please note: All participants paddle tandem kayaks. This paddle is appropriate for children aged 12 and over. This paddle is approximately three and a half to four hours in length.
- This trip requires a minimum of three people to go out at 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
This is a great quick trip, it starts with a water taxi ride to the east side of Resurrection bay to one of the two coves, Humpy of Thumb. Keep your eyes peeled for porpoises, harbor seals or bald eagles along the way, and enjoy the gorgeous views of the Bay.
From There, we paddle in one of two protected coves where you can expect to see waterfalls cascading down sheer mountainsides, basalt rock formations, sea stars, various sea birds, salmon streams, and the gorgeous flora that makes up this temperate rainforest.
On the ride back, keep your eyes peeled for whales, Dall’s porpoises, sea otters, and majestic sea lions to name just a few. Join us on this full-day kayak trip from Seward to see all the beauty of Resurrection Bay and the great wildlife watching available here.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.