See the BEST Alaska has to offer all in one day! This trip has everything your family or group needs – Kayak by glaciers on a tour to the Kenai Fjords National Park, fish for…
Full Day Across Resurrection Bay
Kayak the Best Parts of Resurrection Bay!
On this paddle, your guide will choose your route. From secluded coves to stunning Fox Island, many guides count this kayak trip as their favorite paddle in Resurrection Bay. Take a water taxi ride from Miller’s Landing across the bay and enjoy flat waters and gentle winds that make this a relaxing all-day trip. Plan to see anything from alpine glaciers, marine wildlife, lagoons, waterfalls and even an old bunker built in WWII on this kayaking excursion from Seward.
Let the Guide Choose
Why let the guide choose?
This trip has two potential plans: the first trip is between Fox Island and Humpy cove and the other is between Humpy Cove to Thumb Cove. Depending on the weather, tides, season, or recent wildlife activity, each destination has a time to shine. We have our guides choose the plan to help ensure the best experience for this all-day trip.
This is where the trip will begin, located closer to the mouth of Resurrection Bay, Humpy Cove is truly unique from cliffs that become coated in waterfalls in the rain and crystal clear water, to rock gardens and migrating sea jellies looking for their next snack. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself in Humpy Cove scouring the cliffs in search of sea urchins or paddling under a waterfall after a good rain.
Fox Island is one of three barrier islands in Resurrection Bay. It has everything: temperate rain forest, sculpted cliffs, sea stacks, and a long pebbled spit. If you find yourself kayaking along Fox Island, keep your eyes peeled for adorable river otters, oystercatchers protecting their nests or sea lions. Be sure to ask about the Island’s unique history!
This cove is sheltered from the wind and waves and braced by three gorgeous Alpine Glaciers, hanging in the mountains. Bald eagles, sea lions, and sea otters hunt prey; experience berry picking in the fall and more! This is a great introductory kayaking location with the benefit of sightseeing and getting away from the wind and chop — it’s generally very calm!
- Price includes approximately one hour of water taxi time watching for wildlife!
- On this trip, you will either see Thumb Cove or Fox Island
- Visit calm, serene, pristine emerald-green coves protected from the wind. This is a great trip for beginner paddlers who want extra time on the water
- All kayaking gear and instructions provided
- Gratuities are not included in the original sale price. A suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated! (Suggested tip $15 to $25/person)
- Please note: All participants paddle tandem kayaks. This paddle is appropriate for children aged 12 and over. This paddle is approximately three and a half to four hours in length.
This is by far the best Resurrection Bay full-day kayak adventure and combines our two favorite half-day paddles into one dynamite paddle! Take the Miller’s Landing water taxi (about 30 minutes) to the east side of Resurrection Bay to begin our excursion with a backdrop of Hat and Fox Island.
From there, we paddle through the calm emerald-green waters of Humpy Cove exploring cascading waterfalls over pillow basalt rock formations, sea stars, and a quaint secluded salmon stream as we head to either Thumb Cove or Fox Island. No experience is necessary for our paddle around beautiful Orca Island, where we often observe porpoises and sea lions.
We then journey on to beautiful Thumb Cove or Fox Island, where we find ourselves yet again surrounded by countless eagles lurking in the tall spruce trees, beautiful waterfalls, beautiful pillow basalt rock formations and magical rock gardens, and if time permits, we sometimes take a short hike to a hidden waterfall in Thumb or a lagoon at Fox while awaiting the water taxi.
On the ride back, keep your eyes peeled for whales, Dall’s porpoises, sea otters, and majestic sea lions to name just a few. Join us on this full-day kayak trip from Seward to see all the beauty of Resurrection Bay and the great wildlife watching available here.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.