See the BEST Alaska has to offer all in one day! This trip has everything your family or group needs – Kayak by glaciers on a tour to the Kenai Fjords National Park, fish for…
Kayak the Best Parts of Resurrection Bay!
Many guides count this kayak trip as their favorite paddle in Resurrection Bay. Take a water taxi ride from Miller’s Landing across to two very isolated coves. Flat waters and gentle winds make for a very relaxing trip. Expect to see glaciers, marine wildlife, and even an old bunker built in WWII on this kayaking excursion from Seward.
Orca Island to Three Alpine Glacier Paddle (11 a.m.)
- 10:45 a.m.: Check-in at the office for parking pass and to sign necessary forms
- 11 a.m.: Meet guide, get outfitted for paddle
- 11:30 a.m.: Water taxi departs for Orca Island
- 12:10 p.m.: Warm-up exercises, safety briefing
- 12:15 p.m.: Paddle through Humpy Cove, paddle the stretch from Humpy Cove to Thumb Cove, and paddle through Thumb cove
- 3:50 p.m.: Water taxi departs for Miller’s Landing
Please note: All participants paddle tandem kayaks. This paddle is appropriate for children aged 12 and over. This paddle is approximately three and a half to four hours in length.
- Price includes approximately one hour of water taxi time watching for wildlife!
- View three Alpine glaciers, two salmon streams, and waterfalls.
- See beautiful pillow basalt rock formations and magical rock gardens… very unusual!
- Visit calm, serene, pristine emerald-green coves protected from the wind.
- Watch for sea otters, sea lions, eagles, black bears, and mountain goats.
- Great blueberry picking (when in season) while waiting for the water taxi!
- All kayaking gear and instruction provided
Gratuities are not included in the original sale price. A suggested 20% guide tip is greatly appreciated! (Suggested tip $15 to $25/person)
This is by far the best Resurrection Bay full-day kayak adventure and combines our two favorite half-day paddles into one dynamite paddle! Take the Miller’s Landing water taxi (about 30 minutes) to beautiful Humpy Cove on the east side of Resurrection Bay, where we begin our excursion with a backdrop of Hat and Fox Island.
From there, we paddle into the calm emerald-green waters of Humpy Cove exploring cascading waterfalls over pillow basalt rock formations, starfish, and a quaint secluded salmon stream. No experience is necessary, and we paddle around beautiful Orca Island, where we often observe porpoises and sea lions. Wildlife such as sea otters, river otters, seals, whales, and bald eagles are also commonly seen from this cove. Later in summer, when the salmon are running, black bears are not uncommon in the freshwater stream at the south end of Humpy Cove.
We journey on to beautiful Thumb Cove, where we find ourselves at another salmon stream with countless eagles lurking in the tall spruce trees, beautiful waterfalls, three alpine glaciers, and great blueberry picking (in season). If time permits, we sometimes take a short hike to a hidden waterfall while awaiting the water taxi.
On the ride back, keep your eyes peeled for whales, Dall’s porpoises, sea otters, and majestic sea lions to name just a few. Join us on this full-day kayak trip from Seward to see all the beauty of Resurrection Bay and the great wildlife watching available here.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations canceled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, water taxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation, then no refunds will be issued and you will also be charged a $10 cancellation fee to your credit card.
- In some situations, a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you, please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping, or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, T-shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online, the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was canceled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute a cancellation.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season, which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter, water taxi, or kayaking is canceled due to weather, you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you, but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.