A perfect getaway on the beach for couples with a stellar oceanfront view and access to the beach.
- 2 Guests
- Additional Guest
Nestled next to Chugach National Forest, this one room cabin is great for adventurers who want see wildlife.
Cabin Rental Near Lost Lake
Our log cabin is a roomy 16′ X 24′ and will sleep 4 people comfortably with all the needed amenities. You will be charmed by the wilderness decor and amazed at the peace and quiet. We border the 5.5 million acre Chugach National Forest. We are only minutes from Seward, yet remote enough to see bears in the summer and moose in the winter.
Approx. 600 yards from the door of your Log Cabin is the Lost Lake Trailhead. Lost Lake Trail is one of Alaska’s most spectacular trails. Within 45 minutes of leaving your cabin you will see stunning views of Seward, the snowcapped mountains and glistening Resurrection Bay.
Cabin is equipped with a full bath, Queen sized Log Bed, a very comfortable Queen sized futon, small fridge, toaster, small toaster oven, coffee maker with whole beans and grinder, microwave as well as a gas grill outside for your fresh caught fish. Owners also provide an assortment of teas for those relaxing moments as well as the basic needs such as fresh linens, towels, paper plates and cooking utensils. We also have basic cable in the cabin, and fire pit outside. This is not a commercialized experience with 20 other guests. They offer a log cabin (only one) sitting amidst an old growth Hemlock forest just minutes from Seward.
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected] The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.