A great combination of a scenic helicopter flight to the top of an Alaskan glacier and a wonderful dogsledding tour!
Marathon Helicopter Tours
- 15 Minute Discovery Flight
- Glacier Landing
- Mt. Marathon Dropoff (up to 3 guests)
- 30-Minute Bear Glacier Tour
- 35-Minute Eastbound Tour
- 45-Minute Icefield Tour
- 60-Minute Scenic Flight
- 1-Hour Expedition Flight
Resurrection Bay and Kenai Fjords National Park at its most scenic!
Tours range from 15 minutes to and hour or longer!
Custom tours are also available! Want to see the mighty Kenai Lake from the air? Want to fly over Cooper Landing to scout out a great fishing spot? Care to experience the vastness of the Harding Icefield or the Pederson Glacier? You can do all that and much more. Call and tell us what you’d like to see and we can make it happen.
About Marathon Helicopters
- Marathon Helicopters is located in Seward just two hours south of Anchorage on the Kenai Peninsula.
- We offer a variety of flightseeing tours and outdoor activities only available by helicopter.
- Shortly after take off you will be soaring over massive glaciers, buzzing around icebergs the size of buildings, and viewing a variety of Alaskan wildlife from above!
- Come join Pilot Mike and the crew at Marathon Helicopters, for an adventure of a lifetime!
15-Minute Discovery Flight
Your flightseeing tour takes off east from Seward Alaska Airport and heads across Resurrection Bay over the ridge of Mt. Alice and into Unlikely Valley. Soar above 4 Hanging Glaciers that continue to carve the area below. After exploring the glaciers you’ll pop over to Godwin Glacier and search for bears and goats along the way. The hills here are also well known for moose so keep an eagle eye out for one! $175/guest price includes all taxes and fees
This 30-minute tour includes 15 minutes of flightseeing and 15 minutes spent at the toe of one of the glaciers here in Resurrection Bay! We will land the helicopter and disembark to explore a massive glacier, where you will take some the most amazing photos of your entire trip!
$195/guest price includes all taxes and fees
Mt. Marathon Helicopter Drop-Off
We will fly you up to the Mt. Marathon bowl at approximately 1,800 ft. After being dropped off you’ll the explore the area at your leisure before hiking back down the mountain. Take in some incredibles views of Seward, Resurrection Bay, and Cape Resurrection from a truly unique perspective! *THIS IS NOT A GUIDED HIKE. $225 TOTAL for up to 3 passengers, a great deal!
$225 per helicopter load, up to 3 passengers price includes all taxes and fees
30-Minute Bear Glacier Tour
This flightseeing tour features land and sea on your way to Bear Glacier . You will fly south over Resurrection Bay along the coast where you may see whales, otters, seals, and a variety of Alaskan Sea Life. Your pilot will make a turn into Bear Glacier Lagoon which is filled with hundreds of icebergs, some the size of a grocery store! After exploring the lagoon it’s time to fly up Bear Glacier, the longest glacier off the Harding Icefield at over 10 miles long! After seeing crevasses and flying over a 2,000 foot thick glacier you will now be traveling through the Kenai Mountain Range. Here you’ll look for goats and bears! You will notice many additional Hanging Glaciers in this valley that are all part of the largest icefield in the US. After a birds eye view of Exit Glacier you’ll head back towards Seward flying down Resurrection River which feeds right into the Pacific Ocean. $315/guest price includes all taxes and fees
35-Minute Eastbound Tour
Look for bears, moose, goats, and eagles! This eastbound helicopter flightseeing tour takes you towards the 2nd largest icefield in the United States, the Sargent Icefield. Fly close to at least 3 spectacular glaciers that are all part of this icefield. Explore remote Nellie Juan Lake where sometimes you’ll see large brown bears and herds of moose. Waterfalls and rolling meadows stretch far on this flight so have your camera ready. After a trip around the lake and meadows you’ll head towards Day Harbor passing over Elsworth Glacier where you’ll hover close to icebergs that are hundreds of feet across! You’ll then cruise into Day Harbor where you may get lucky and see a pod of Orca Whales feeding before flying up, over, and down Godwin Glacier on the way back to Seward. $355/guest price includes all taxes and fees
35-Minute Scenic Tour
You will see a fair bit of ocean, glaciers, and all the beauty that the Fjords have to offer plus the rugged wilderness that makes Alaska pure and raw. You’ll start out by flying towards the Gulf of Alaska through Resurrection Bay. Watch for Whales! You will have chances of seeing Stellar Sea Lions, Harbor Seals, Sea Otters, Sea Birds, Mtn. Goats, Black Bear, and more! This includes 35 minutes of flying with the destination varying based on weather conditions. $389/guest price includes all taxes and fees
45-Minute Icefield Tour
This is an extension to the 30 Minute Glacier Tour. You will be rewarded on this flightseeing tour with a cruise into Aialik Bay. Here you will lay your eyes upon a glacier face over 400 feet high! This is one of the most active Tidewater Glaciers in the area and you may just see a large chunk of ice calve off during your flying experience. $420/guest price includes all taxes and fees
60-Minute Scenic Flight
Take a journey over the spectacular Harding Icefield and Aialik Glacier on the way to Aialik Bay. Potential of seeing Calving Glaciers, Breeching Whales, Mountain Goats, Black Bears, All sorts of Sea Life, and unforgettable oceanic views from Resurrection bay. 60 minutes of flight time can take you to some of the most incredible places outside Seward, including the Harding Icefield which covers over 300 square miles alone and up to 1,100 square miles if you count the surface area of all 40 of the glaciers that it spawns. You could fly over Aialik Glacier and Aialik Bay in some of the most beautiful areas that Alaska and the world has to offer! This is a 1 hour flying with the route being determined the day of your trip based on discussion and weather conditions. $525/guest price includes all taxes and fees
1-Hour Expedition Flight
This 1 hour flightseeing tour includes everything the 45 minute Icefield Tour offers with another extension south past Pederson & Holgate Glacier, and then heading onto Northwestern Glacier. Another quite active Tidewater Glacier, so keep your eye on all that blue ice and watch some calve off! This tour includes more flying along the coastline where Orca & Humpback Whales are quite often spotted. You’ll head back for a birds eye view up and over the Harding Icefield while exploring the glaciers and valleys in the area. You will see up to 6 different glaciers on this flight. This is truly a trip of a lifetime! $525/guest price includes all taxes and fees
Cancellations & Rescheduling
- A $10 cancellation fee is imposed for all reservations cancelled.
- Cancellations must be received by email only to [email protected]andingak.com The cancellation notice date is the date the email was received at [email protected] Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Cancellations received by email 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a refund of 90% of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 15 to 29 days prior to the first day of the reservation are charged a $10 cancellation charge and you will receive a 75% refund. of the total amount of the reservation.
- Cancellations received by email 14 days to zero days prior to arrival are charged a $10 cancellation fee and you will receive a 50% refund only if we are able to rebook your camping, cabin, fishing, kayaking, watertaxi, shuttle, lunch, or activity. If we are not able to rebook your reservation then no refunds will be issued and. You must call or e-mail Miller’s Landing post date of cancelled stay in order for us to research whether or not your site booked. Sites that were booked of course qualify for the 50% refund, sites that were not unfortunately do not.
- In some situations a raincheck worth 75% of your reservation may be issued at the discretion of Miller’s Landing management instead of the applicable cancellation charge. If this option appeals to you please suggest this at the time of cancellation. Rainchecks are good for one year and may be used for activities, camping or lodging owned by Miller’s Landing or towards the cost of hats, tee shirts, gifts, etc. sold in the Miller’s Landing store or items sold online. For items purchased online the customer is expected to pay for the cost of postage. Rainchecks may NOT be transferred to another person.
- A 100% refund will be issued for any activity that was cancelled due to weather by Miller’s Landing. Miller’s Landing reserves the right to determine weather cancellations. Rain does not constitute cancellations.
Please note: Miller’s Landing encourages only guaranteed prepaid reservations. Unlike many other states, Alaska has a very short tourist season which can make it difficult for us to rebook when we have cancellations without ample notice.
If you are booking a charter and lodging and your charter , water taxi or kayaking is cancelled due to weather you are still responsible for the lodging or camping reservations and the normal cancellation policy applies. All of our activities are possible during rain, so rain does not constitute a cancellation. Miller’s Landing is not responsible for vehicle break downs, personal emergencies, flight delays, health issues or other unforeseen hardships. We will try very hard to work with you but the cancellation policy will need to be applied if we cannot issue a raincheck or find an alternative solution that appeals to both parties.
Please understand that Miller’s Landing also incurs a hefty financial merchant fee from our bank for the cost of charging your credit card and again for the cost of refunding it, and there is also a cost involved for the time involved in processing and refunding your reservation in employee costs. Our goal when taking your reservation is to have a solid, guaranteed prepaid reservation. We strongly discourage the practice of making reservations without having an airline ticket or making tentative reservations. Thank you for your understanding.