Toll Free Number 1-866-541-5739
Captains Sherrie, Mike, Chance, & Tom Miller
Tel: 907-331-3113 or 907-331-4040
Here's some information for a person to register to marry people:
• You do not need to be Alaskan
• Go to the Seward Court, fill out a marriage commissioner application
(If you are an Alaskan it could take somewhere between one day
and a week, if you are not Alaskan it could take a lot longer)
• Marriage Commissioner status is only good for the issued date
• If bad weather occurs you may move the date (record new date)
• You can be a Marriage Commissioner as many times as you would like, you just need a new application for each wedding.
• There is no specific wording you need to follow for the vows
• The Marriage Commissioner must make sure the couple has their
marriage license, the couple is who they say they are, and the
commissioner must mail the license after the ceremony.
To fill out an application to be a Marriage Commissioner you need:
• Photo I.D.
• Full name of bride and groom
• The exact date of the wedding
• The location the wedding is taking place. (If the wedding is taking place at sea you would put the closest port)
Miller's Landing can provide a marriage commissioner for your wedding ceremony. The wedding commissioner would work with you to come up with the perfect ceremony. We just need a few weeks notice. Each couple is required to supply their own wedding license, which can take a couple of months to acquire. Email or phone Toll Free: 1-866-541-5739 with your information and we'll work out the details with you.
Miller's Landing can help you coordinate lodging & activities for a gathering of friends, a celebration or a private tour. We've helped book sleeping accommodations and tours for the following groups:
• Boy Scouts
• Girl Scouts
• Church Groups
• Tour Companies
• Large Groups
We offer a discount for groups of 10 or more people on Miller's Landing tours, fishing, kayaking, etc.
Email or phone Toll Free: 1-866-541-5739 with your groups' information and we'll work out the details with you.