Toll Free Number 1-866-541-5739
Captains Sherrie, Mike, Chance, & Tom Miller
Tel: 907-331-3113 or 907-331-4040
|Miller's Landing Kayak Guide training with the Kenai Fjords National Park Ranger||
2005 Kayak Guide Crew On
An Overnight Training Expedition
Kayak Guides in Training...
Testing Each Other's Recipes.
Hiring preference is given to guides who have an up to date Wilderness First Aid Card or better. Guides are required to have a current CPR and First Aid Card because they are not allowed to operate in the State Parks system or National Parks system without one. If you do not have this when you arrive for work, you will not be able to work until you do.
We highly recommend, at a minimum, a BCU 2Star certification (representing beginning skill levels) or ACA Certification. Hiring preference will be given to employees meeting these certification standards. All kayak guides must demonstrate satisfactory rescue skills, paddle float re-entries, and will be assessed on how well they give kayak lesson courses. Guides who are not able to pass this probationary testing period will not be retained. • One year of Sea Kayaking Guide experience or equivalent
• Knowledge of self rescue
• Ability to rescue others
• Friendly, outgoing personality
• Clean cut appearance
• Well spoken and articulate
• Natural history and interpretive skills a plus
• Wilderness Responder Course a plus
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• ACA or BCU Certification a plus
• Enjoys campfire cooking and is a good cook
• Willing to do other responsibilities as needed:
equipment repair, maintenance, kayak repair, training etc.
• Does not get seasick on boats
• Loves camping
• Backcountry knowledge and skills
Our Staff - Knowledgeable, talented... and a bit Goofy!